Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trees, Trees, Trees--January 2, 2010

Woke up at 3:25 A.M.  Ready to go!  I felt so much better.  But went back to bed.  Woke up again at 4:40.  Again, very awake.  Went back to sleep.  Finally woke up again at 7:05 on my own.  No alarm needed!  I love it.  Headed for breakfast.

Grabbed breakfast, then waited for 9:00 o'clock to roll around.  We needed a rental car, but they didn't open until 9:00 o'clock.  I had one reserved two days ago, but they wouldn't deliver it to the airport without me there...and yesterday was a holiday for them, so0ooo....

Called at 9:00, picked up at 9:15, out of their office at 9:35.  They gave me a different rate than what I reserved it at.  I HATE rental cars...Enterprise repeatedly does this to me.  It's so frustrating.  I have to take in my paperwork to them (for the umpteenth time) and show them that they are indeed at fault again.  C'mon, guys.  Why so shady?

Came back to the hotel, picked the guys and luggage up.  Yeah, we're moving.  Our hotel does NOT have the wireless internet they described.  It's there, but we can only get it from the hallway.  No thanks.  Oh, well...I won't miss this place too much.  A toilet that flushes poorly, a tub that leaves you with 4 inches of water at the end of a shower, a nasty smell of 40-year-old hotel when you walk in your room...not my cup o' tea.

Headed for the airport.

Was on station at 10:44...a full hour late.  grr.

Flew the next 4 hours.  Back and forth.  East and west.  A long day.  Yesterday I actually hated flying.  I just didn't like it.  It was one of those days to put behind you.  Today was...well, just ok.  No real passion.  Just going through the motions.  Discipline.  But I got another 4.6 hours.  Of pine trees.

Came back, went to our new (and MUCH nicer hotel).  Then went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse.  The love of my life.  I gorged myself on rolls, sweet tea, and the steak kabob.  Cute waitress, too...kind of weird experience.  She just kept on looking at me.  Goofy.  The other guys noticed.  Anyway.

Came back, spent the rest of the night in the hotel.

Just a great night all around.  A good day.  Nice flight time, great conversation with the guys, and some time to myself at night.

Oh, while we're at it, we talked about strip clubs at one point tonight.  How a guy's wife is ok with him going.  Even wants to tag along.  I said I feel that's shady...that it's encouraging a guy to want what he can't have...what isn't his...and the wife is supporting that.  I said it only leads to lust.  Anyway, it was surprising to me to hear a wife ok with that, although I know it exists.  I think I'll be surprised the next time I hear it, too.  That's the truth.

Silly life.

Looks like another full day of flying tomorrow...

Went to bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment