Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Worthless Day!--July 6, 2010

Woke up just after 9:30 to a phone call from my brother.  I was pretty mad about that as I had expected my phone to be on vibrate.  Obviously I had left it on ring last night.  This was about an hour earlier than I wanted to be awake.  GRR!!!  I never could fall back asleep.  So I got up, ate a bowl of cereal, showered, and then called him back.  He wanted to know if I wanted to go shopping with him.  Shoot, might as well.

He came over, but I noticed that my pump wasn't pumping very well on my fountain.  So I took off the top to check it out.  Well, somehow or another, it was spraying out the side when I put it back on.  So I checked it again.  A plastic piece on top had completely broken off.  Crap.  Grr.  I was so frustrated!  My "cheap" fountain (which brought a smile!) was now sucking money out of me (not a smile).  I figured I would have to at least pay $20 for a new pump.  Sometimes it's easier to just not have anything.  Expenses are dumb.

We headed to Sears where he loaded up on some tools he didn't yet have.  Not a bad idea if you ask me!  I can drop hundreds of dollars in that store so easily...a man and his tools.  <sigh>  Went to Burger King after that, but I wasn't too hungry, so I just grabbed a chicken sandwich and root beer.  I had just had breakfast two hours ago!  I was under the clock, though, as I had a conference call that I needed to be home for.  I wasn't overly thrilled about it, but I needed to be there for that.

He dropped me off at home at 1:05, and I spent the next two hours on the phone in a conference call.  It's business stuff.  Kind of neat, kind of boring.  Bleh.  I was eager to get off and do something!

So right after I hung up, I headed outside and mowed my yard.  It needs a good spray, but I'm wanting to wait to make sure it won't rain right after I spray like it did last time.  But man, what an ugly yard!  It needs something.  And soon.

I came in after that and sliced some bananas.  I am testing out my food dehydrator!  If this works well, then it's on to beef!!!  I am so ready to make my own beef jerky!!!  Can't wait!  As of now, 7 hours into the deyhdrating, everything seems to be going well!!!  We'll see how they taste in the morning!

After the bananas, I started working on the weed trimmer that was donated to me from the ranch.  I only had an hour to work on it, though, as Kirk had invited me to go boating this evening.  I was halted halfway through the process, though, as I found out that I needed a new diaphragm.  I'll pick that up tomorrow.  I need to get this thing running good so I can sell it!  I need some money to start coming in!  It's all been going out!

Headed to Jobu's for supper.  He had grilled out burgers and brats.  From there we headed to Knight's Action Park to play some Putt-Putt.  Casey, Erica, and Sean all joined us.  I tell you, I love that game.  Well, sort of.  I was pretty mad at the end of it all.  Basically, after 18 holes, I had a commanding 14-stroke lead over the next guy.  Well, we went on to play another 18, and I ended up losing it ALL on one hole.  We had played a 6-stroke maximum throughout the course (I never had to use it), but on one VERY hard hole, we took that rule away.  And I kid you not, I had a 25 on that hole.  A 25!!!  I think the others got it in 7 and 8.  It was brutally painful.

Anyway, I ended up getting a 68 altogether.  The others?  65, 64, and 62.  I should have been 18 strokes ahead.  And here I was several behind.  I wasn't too thrilled.

We headed to Jobu's afterwards for some lemonade, homemade ice cream, and milk.  I ended up leaving there about 10:20.  On the drive back, my brakes were acting kind of weird.  Basically, the right one was constantly staying on...making a horrendous burning smell.  I'm not sure what is going on there.  I think I just need to clean the rotors up really well.  I didn't really do that, and I know I have some liquid junk that got sprayed on there.  Hmm...have to keep my eyes on them, though.  At one point, I was trying to go down the interstate, but it was like flooring it with the brakes on!  Not good!

We'll see what happens.  Always somethin'...

So a broken fountain pump, a looooooong conference call, and temperamental brakes.  Not the day I had been anticipating when I woke up.

Ended up going to bed at midnight.  Alarm is set for 8:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment