Monday, August 2, 2010

Goin' Nowhere Fast!!!--August 1, 2010

DSC00404

DSC00410

Woke up at 8:35 A.M.  Ate a dry bowl of cereal (out of milk) and had a bottle of sweet tea.  It was actually difficult getting that bowl of cereal down!!!  It was soooooo dry!  Hard to chew and swallow!  Took a shower, then headed to church.

Ended up in my favorite Sunday School class only to find out my favorite teacher wasn't there.  What is worse, the fill-in guy was the same teacher that I had from another class two weeks ago!  The one where I was bored out of my mind!  I saw that he had about 50% of the same content, too!  GRR.  But I liked this class better (the people), so I opted to stay.  Ended up being all right.  It's all about the crowd sometimes.

Went to big church but still really don't have any connections there.  Walked out the doors at the end and left.  No one to talk to!  Not a big fan.

Headed out to Mom and Dad's house for lunch.  The crew was all there...outside of Crazy who is on vacation.  Stayed there until 1:35, then headed to Casey's house to help him deliver a TV stand he had sold on craigslist (that didn't sell in the garage sale).  Was in a fairly rough part of town, but the transaction was fine.  No worries.  Until I was leaving.  I was stopped at a stop sign when I was pushed forward all of a sudden!  A car had just hit me from the back!!!

It wasn't that hard, but sure enough, I had been hit.  Oddly enough, the guy that hit me really didn't seem to know he hit me.  Or that I was there for that matter!!!  I turned around, and he acted all surprised to even see my truck there!  I got out and checked for damage, but we actually both seemed to be fine.  "Is my car alright"?  The guy didn't even get out of his car.  "Yeah, it looks fine.  I'm happy if you're happy."  "Yeah, alright."  So I drove off, then he took off behind me.

So crazy.  Casey said I handled that the best in that situation.  ha!  Screw that!  I would have asked for his insurance info if I had some serious damage!!!  I wasn't leaving because of where I was!  I was leaving because there was no damage.  Oh well.

We headed to my house where we worked on the shed.  Didn't get started until about 2:45.  Why do we start so late every day?!  We put all four walls up, nailed 'em down, and squared 'em up.  It actually looks pretty good.  He had to leave for a softball game at 4:30, so I was left to figure out the roof rafters on my own.  After some thinking and watching YouTube, I had at it.  And I did that for HOURS.  I seriously just stood there and cut and cut and cut some more.  So many angles, so many pieces.  I have eight rafters, so I had 16 boards to cut, and I had 16 other pieces to cut to give it strength at the top.  It was sooooooo much cutting!

I finally took the eight rafters to the back around 7:00.  I put two on, but I was pretty tired by that point.  Plus I wasn't fully confident that I was doing it all correctly.  I am basically nailing down angled nails to hold the rafters in place.  It just doesn't seem right.  How could a couple of toe nails hold an entire roof?  I just wasn't buying it.  I'll wait until tomorrow.

It's kind of hard doing the work by yourself, too!  Even with cutting the rafters, just having another set of hands would have been so nice!  Oh well!  Such was my day!

Ended up coming back inside around 8:00 o'clock.  I definitely didn't get as far as I had planned, but it's coming along.  It looks more like a shed than it did this morning anyway.

Hoping to get the roof rafters on tomorrow, as well as the siding and roof board.  Oh, how I dream big!

Went to bed at 12:15 A.M.  Alarm is set for 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment