Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Day of Fun!!!--April 17, 2010

Woke up at 9:30.  Off and on before then.  But thrilled to death about that!

We missed breakfast which closed at 9:30, so we had to head out for that.  I slowly got ready, and we left just before 11:00 A.M.  The clouds were everywhere!  I was so excited!!!  Mike and I grabbed the courtesy car and headed up north.  We were off to more breweries!  This time in Fort Collins.

We headed out for breakfast at My Favorite Muffin and talked about business ideas.  I have some opportunities up ahead, and I’m just not sure what to do!!!  I was completely and totally honest about my desires.  I want to fly people.  I want to fly jets.  I would love the airlines, but I would also do corporate.  But at the moment, I just have no “upward” movement.  I have nowhere to go.  No dream to pursue.  I just work in day in, day out.  But it was enjoyable to talk about opportunities.

I called my sister while there, too.  She’s due in 2 ½ weeks.  I’m gettin’ more and more excited about bein’ an uncle!  After that, we headed north.

It was a little over an hour drive, and we had some rain along the way (woo hoo!), but it was crazy.  I HATE cities.  Traffic is so dumb.  But we moved through.  We stopped at a nice brewery in Fort Collins, but it was crazy full of yuppies.  I mean, it was PACKED!!!  I was nothing short of surprised!  We actually decided to NOT do that one right then and there…so we left for another smaller one.  We hit up Fort Collins Brewery and tasted the sample plate.  They were rather nasty.  So bitter!  We did the quick and lame tour there…it was pretty much a brewery out of a warehouse.  But they are building a $5 million plant down the road.  Whatever works.

From there, we headed to The New Belgium Brewing Company.  This one was crazy packed, too, so went to the one that we first stopped at!  It was called The Odell Brewery.  We had a tour there, and it was crazy fancy.  Especially for being smaller.  I was impressed!!!  It was HUGE!!!  We had some very tasty beers there.  But after the tour, we were out the door.  And then we went back to the bigg’un:  New Belgium.  They are the makers of Fat Tire.  I had no idea!

We stayed there for quite awhile…an hour and a half?  Two hours?  We had some girls to talk to, and it was pretty fun.  The beers were free, so that helped out, but they only give ya three.  We tried for more, but it just wasn’t happenin’.  But the girls were nice!  I was invited to head to another place after that, so we took them up on the offer.

It ended up bein’ back at The Odell Brewery.  I was done drinkin’, though, so that wasn’t a problem.  We found the girls, and a couple were nice, but the one I had talked to back at the other brewery was…well, not so much.  Basically, after the hello’s again, the small talk, so coldly said, “I want someone taller.”  “Huh?!”  Yup, that was that.  I said I hope you find what you are looking for and walked off.  Unbelievable.  Whatever.  I hate girls.  Anyway, we went out to eat after that.

Then we headed back for Denver.

I spent the night inside the hotel.  I was bored in the room, though, so I headed downstairs and played pool for over an hour.  Just drinking water and playing with the desk chick.  It was fun.  But it really is a silly/sorry existence if I think about it too long.  It’s just silly.  Just silly.

Tomorrow is lookin’ good.  Too good.  It looks like we are going to be able to fly all day.  So much for that rain.  I learned, though, that I am getting help.  Three of the Cessna 172’s should be on their way tomorrow or Monday.  They should be able to do the lower altitudes (over the mountains!!!), and I’ll stick with the higher stuff.  I’m excited about that.

If we have time.  On the way home, we looked at all of the trees in the county I just finished.  Basically, the leaves are just exploding.  They are probably at 25-30% bloom right now on 75% of the trees.  It’s not lookin’ good!!!  We are going to be backed up against the wall here!  We’re down to just a week or two.  Not too long!  We’ll see what the higher authorities say.

Our room smells unbelievably terrible right now.  Like disgusting.  It’s so cold outside, but my roommate absolutely smells terrible.  He’s sleeping, but I think his butt is hard at work.  It’s hideous.  I hope I can sleep.  It’s so thick!

Went to bed at 11:30 P.M.  Alarm is set for 7:45 A.M.  It’s about time to fly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment