Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nice and Easy--April 20, 2010

Woke up at 7:45 A.M.  I was pretty tired.  Almost fell back asleep.  I had to force myself to get out of bed before I slept until noon.  Opened up the curtains, and I saw some haze!  Almost looked like a cloud layer.  I checked the weather online, and most of Denver was under fog!  I went to breakfast and then checked my window again.  Sure enough, we had some fog rollin' right in!  It had started out sunny this morning, and then it turned foggy!  Woo hoo!

The TAF was saying it was going to lift at 9:00.  Then 10:00.  Then 11:00.  Then noon!  And they were all calling for thunderstorms at 2:00.  Perfect!  We went out for BBQ for lunch.  And the skies were terrible!  We loved it!

On the way back, we stopped at a driving range to check on prices.  It was ridiculously cold out, so we were just checking.  But we found out that this place also had an ice rink and arcade place!  I kid you not, we ended up spending a couple of hours playing air hockey.  We probably dropped $20 total on the stinkin' game.  But we were havin' the time of our lives.  I was sweating, I was yelling, I was literally getting angry at losing!!!  It was quite a fun time.

Kenton landed while we were there, so we're now up to five pilots here.

We finally made it back to the hotel, and I learned that our business is most likely expanding.  Soon.  We also have more work for this year.  We just grabbed a 2000-hour project for infrared imaging in Pennsylvania.  That's HUGE.  We were winding down for this season, and now all of a sudden, we have a solid 4-6 weeks left!  I also learned that half of the project here has been scrubbed.  They had a meeting with the county early this afternoon about the leaf coverage, and based on that meeting, the higher altitude stuff is a no-go.  I'm really quite thrilled about that.  I wasn't too keen on having the oxygen in the entire day.

And I also learned that I have a HUGE decision to make over the next couple of days about what I want to do with this job.  With this company.  I mean, a HUGE decision.  It's something that will legitimately alter the course of my life.  Not something to be taken lightly.  At all.  This will consume my thoughts (and has partially for the past couple months) entirely for the next couple of days.  WAY BIG.

We went out to eat at a sushi place for supper.  I ate too much again.  I am gaining weight.  I don't like it.

Spent tonight inside the hotel.  Talked to Jennifer for quite a bit.

Ended up goin' to bed at 12:10 A.M.  Alarm is set for 8:00 A.M.  Weather is lookin' pretty bad for tomorrow, too.  Actually, it's not lookin' too good for the next several days!  Maybe even snow in about a week!  yikes!!!

All in all, a slow but good day.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment