Monday, June 28, 2010

Hammer's Wedding--June 26, 2010

Woke up at 7:10 A.M.  Took a shower, then headed over to some neighborhood garage sales just two miles away.  I called up Boogs to have her come meet me, and she did!  So we spent about 45 minutes driving around checking out the deals.  Frankly, there wasn't anything.  I had a WONDERFUL day shopping yesterday, but this morning they were all duds for me.  I bought my niece a 50 cent outfit and Boogs a $2 Little Tikes outdoor play station for the kids she will be babysitting in a couple of months.  Other than that, nothin'.

Seeing as how we had some time to kill, I took about 20 minutes to teach Boogs how to drive a stick-shift.  She had done it before (I think I taught her last time, too), but since she never uses it, she's just out of season.  By quite a bit!  ha!  Actually, she did fine.  It certainly wasn't perfect, but my truck still drove when she was done with it, so that's always a good thing.  She drove us back to her car, then she headed for home, and I headed for my home.  Mom and Dad were there to meet me at 9:15.  I grabbed some coffee, dropped some kids off at the pool, and then we started to head out...until Mom broke her shoe on my door!!!  So we had to run by their house to get her another pair...then we left right at 10:00 A.M.  The wedding was at 2:30 in Indianapolis, so we figured we would still be fine.  It was only 3 1/2 hours away.

Well, that was until we were in Decatur.  Then Dad asked a VERY important question:  "Andy, is Indianapolis Central or Eastern time"?  Hmm.  That IS a good question!!!  I knew Indiana changed back and forth in some parts, but I wasn't sure.  So I called Kirk.  He said it was currently 12:12 in Indianapolis.  Oh boy.  Because it was only 11:12 in our car!!!  All of a sudden, I had to make up an HOUR!!!

So I sped.  I bumped my speed up to 80 and went on sensitive patrol for cops.  We had a GPS that told us our arrival time would be 2:28 P.M. in Indianapolis.  Not good enough.  I was hungry and needed to eat.  I didn't even have breakfast knowing that we would be stopping on our way.  Well, through a nice, constant speed, I was able to get our time down to 2:11 P.M.  PLENTY of time for a quick bite to eat.

So we stopped at McDonald's and grabbed a lil' meal in Indianapolis.  We rolled in at 2:19 P.M.  Right in the middle of the pack.  Absolutely no worries!!!

The wedding was fine.  Typical wedding, I suppose.  Another one bites the dust.  I was able to see a few friends from the past that I hadn't seen in awhile, so that was good.  Although I thought there would be more.  Oh well.  The reception was enjoyable for me getting to talk to Squeaky, but that was about it.  I met his new wife, and I had a blast with Montour at the table, but the reception was just DEAD.  As in bad.  Mom and Dad even mentioned how bad it was.  It was...bad.

We headed to the hotel around 6:45.  We grabbed a room, tried to watch some TV, but became very bored with it, so I picked a place for us to go downtown.  We pulled up but found out that the cover charge was $10/head, and that was on top of parking.  We didn't feel like spending that, so we headed to Dairy Queen instead.  Oh how food is always an outlet for this family.  We ate, then headed back to the hotel where we watched some 48 Hours Mystery before going to bed.

I was in bed at 11:00 local time, 10:00 Central.

All in all, not a bad day.  Glad I came over to see Hammer...but not impressed with another wedding.  Typical story.

No comments:

Post a Comment