Saturday, June 26, 2010

SOLD, Internet, and Garage Sales--June 25, 2010

Woke up at 9:30.  I had mistakenly fallen asleep last night, but I'm not goin' to lie, it was a GREAT sleep.   I was out!  I didn't even set my alarm, but I woke up on my own.  I'll take it.  I grabbed a bowl of cereal, then showered, and then checked my e-mail.  I was pleasantly surprised to find EIGHT e-mails about the lawn mower!  ha!  I guess I had it priced pretty well if I had that many responses!!!

I called a woman up, and she said she would be by at 11:00 o'clock to check it out.  Sweet!

I didn't do a whole lot before that.  I checked out the front yard, but it was still too wet to do anything.  It was going to be another day of not much to do!!!  The woman came by at 11:00 and gave me $50.00 for the mower.  Perfect.  So I made roughly $30.00 on that one.  I received it for free as a "good luck with this one" challenge, and I'm thrilled to report that I got it running.  AND made a profit!  The gentleman that gave it to me literally asked me to contact him if and when I got it running.  It had been plaguing he and his wife for quite some time.  Can't wait to send that e-mail.

Erica called me up at 12:02 and asked what was for lunch.  We both decided on Subway, so we headed over there and just talked.  It's nice.  I think she enjoys getting out of the house.  And it's good for me because I have absolutely no food!  It's a win-win.

We came back at 1:05 as I was expecting a Comcast guy to install my internet and cable.  I was pretty excited about that.  He ended up showing up at 2:00.  And he stayed there until 4:30, about an hour past what was planned.  Dad came over at 2:45 to go garage-saling with us, but we had to wait until this guy was done.  He refused to go down into the crawlspace since it was wet, so I opted to do that for him.  I wanted internet!!!

Finally, he finished.  And I had TV (who cares about that) and a very problematic internet.  I couldn't get my router workin'.  Oh well.  The gang was itching to go to some garage sales.  By now we had Casey and Mom with us, too!  So we all loaded up in the van and headed out.  Frankly, I had some great finds!  I picked up a Garden Claw for $4 (I've been using Mom's), a garden tool storage rack for $2 (I love it!), and a newer microwave for $10.  I picked up one last week for $10, but this was was 9 years newer for the same price.  I'll take it.

We all headed out for pizza afterwards, then came back home.  It was a pretty good day.

I worked on my internet for about an hour and finally got it working.  And it is blazing right now.  So I'm thrilled.  I just have to figure out how to make $3/day in order to justify having it.  Craigslist, here I come.

Ended up going to bed at 12:15.  I'll be waking up at 7:15 for garage sales about a mile away, then getting ready to leave at 9:30 for Hammer's wedding in Indianapolis.  It's going to be a long day!  But I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment