Sunday, December 20, 2009

Long Date--December 19, 2009

Woke up at 7:45.  Went and grabbed some breakfast, came back and had a pleasant surprise on my bed!!!  Sandy was here.  I had told her to meet at the hotel at 8:20...she made it!

Went over to the airport and headed for the skies.  And wouldn't ya know it, we had clouds.  The forecast was calling for overcast clouds at 5000 feet.  These clouds were scattered at 1700 feet...but everywhere!!!  Unbelievable!!!  Oh, to have a job where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still get paid...and listened to!

Landed, then headed for the hotel.  Sandy stayed with me...all day!  Watched a movie on TV in the afternoon...actually, she watched, I listened.  I was pretty tired!  Never could fall asleep, though.

Our "boss" came into town later in the afternoon, and we all went out to eat at Flanigan's.  An enjoyable day.  The guys all went to see "Avatar" in the theater, but I just wasn't feeling a late night.  I was pretty tired and was eager to get to sleep at a reasonable time.  So I stayed in, and Sandy and I just talked through the night...pretty nice.

Actually, maybe too nice!!!  By the time she was leaving, it was 1:42 in the morning!!!  I walked her out to her car, only to meet the guys coming in from the movie!  Agh!!!!  And mah oh man, was I tired.

Went to bed at 1:50.  Forecast is calling for scattered 25,000 tomorrow.  We are convinced that the guy just held down the "0" button too long, and it's probably going to be 2500...but we'll just have to see.  I'm afraid 7:45 is just not too far away.

This may be my longest date...to date!!!!  ha!  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment