Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas--December 25, 2009

Woke up to a very cloudy day.

Ended up going to the Moonlite Diner for lunch.  Man, I love this place.  All six of us headed over...we now have Matt, Jeremy, Stan, Jeff, Bill, and myself.  Four of us drove over...the other two walked.  Another very nice lunch...they feed you so much!  I ordered a (halfway) light meal as I was anticipating a rather nice Christmas supper.

I ended up walking back to the hotel.  In flip-flops.  On Christmas.  I think it was in the mid-70's.  Unbelievable.

In the afternoon, we all talked about doing a scouting flight...some wanted to, others not.  But we had a problem.  Two of the guys wanted to take the car down to Miami for the rest of the day...without asking!  Hmm.  I'm not goin' to lie, Christmas kind of seemed like any other day down here, but I WAS going to do something special for it!  The thought of staying in a hotel the entire day just did not sit well with me.  So, after talking with the other guys, we all pretty much agreed that it was simply not fair to have the car taken away from us...and that the guy that wanted to do that would have to compromise.  We agreed to let him have it for a couple hours, but we wanted to be able to go out to eat.  He understood.

Oh, the joy of trying to get six people on the same page...each with different and often personal (selfish?) desires.  Myself included.  But we avoided a possibly large confrontation there.  Good.

So two of the guys ended up going down to Miami to pick up a friend...then came right back up.

I had to drive these three guys downtown where they were going to drink.  Whatever.  So I drove them downtown, then came back to the hotel to pick up the three guys who wanted to go out to eat for Christmas.  We, too, drove downtown looking for a nice restaurant.

After walking down Las Olas for 30 minutes, looking for a place that would take us, we finally settled on a Bar and Grill.  Somewhat fancy, but certainly not as fancy as other places we looked at.  This is SO different than back home, as the streets were packed with people and cars...turns out everyone wanted to eat out on Christmas.  Whatever happened to the typical Midwest-eat-with-the-family-at-home gig?!  Definitely NOT here.  Restaurants turned us away left and right for not having a reservation...and walk-ins were simply not an option at most of them.  Oh well.

I ended up ordering a $28.95 steak dinner.  Fine by me.  Hey, it's Christmas.  We sat outside, and outside of the loud street, it was just a nice meal all-around.  Bill, Jeff, Matt, and I all enjoyed our time.  We certainly made the most out of what we had.  I told Matt later I like hanging out with them because they just have good conversation.  Some of the guys are not so easy to talk to.  I mean, we talk...but not necessarily about anything in particular.  I enjoy a nice conversation.  And we certainly had that tonight.

I actually had to leave that restaurant early (9:25!) to go pick up the other guys.  The friend needed to be taken to the train station so he could return back to Miami.  I picked all three up, drove to the train station, then drove the other two back to the hotel.  I called Sandy (who got off work at 10:0o) and told her to come meet me at the hotel!  She did, and we drove back to downtown together to pick up the rest of the guys.  I was happy to see her.

We picked the guys up, then headed back for the hotel.  Kind of a pain, but in the end, it all worked out, and we were each able to enjoy our Christmas.  I hope.  Sandy and I ended up staying at the hotel for quite awhile.  We sat and talked for a long time...then I walked her out to her car.  I thought it was going to be pretty simple...boy, was I ever wrong!  I sat there and talked to her FOREVER.  Let's just say emotions were pretty high...in a great way.  To be honest, it was kind of cute.  She literally REFUSED to leave!  Not in the negative, mean way...she just wavered.  So I stood there and talked to her while she leaned against the car.  We hugged, we talked some more, and she kept trying to convince me to allow her to stay the night.  I told her I wasn't comfortable with that (and I'm not!).  I just don't want to treat a girl like that...I mean, I want her to know she is worth waiting for.  Somewhere.  The other part of me says "C'mon, c'mon, let's sleep together!"  It was pretty rough.  We literally sat there and went back and forth for...30 minutes?  Longer?  I don't know.

What I do know, though, is that I kissed her!  With the car door open...and her leaning against the side of the car...I just stared into her eyes and pretty much told her I wanted to kiss her.  She had mentioned that she wasn't over her old boyfriend (which I respected), and so I hadn't done it up to this point.  But wow, is that hard!  But I had waited two weeks!!!  And well, she said it was OK.  So we kissed!!!

We continued to go back and forth about her staying over.  I said I wasn't going to have it...I didn't want the guys to get the wrong impression, draw conclusions, etc.  I do have a reputation to uphold.  And frankly, whether I like it or not, perception is often 90% of the battle.  I just didn't want to waste that.

But she insisted.  Agh!  I finally gave in (yes, I did) and let her come back inside for a bit.  Matt was already sleeping, but we just laid there and cuddled for an hour...more?!  I don't know.  And yes, we kissed some more.

She ended up leaving around 3:00 A.M.  This girl is going to be the downfall of me yet!  All I do is stay up late when she is around!!!!

So yup, I went to bed around 3-ish.  About 3 hours later than I had anticipated!

I am going to be so tired tomorrow.  Agh, I hate that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment