Friday, December 18, 2009

No Work...Again...--December 18, 2009

Woke up at 12:10.  In the afternoon!!!

I was still pretty tired.  Eewh, I hate being tired.

It was still pouring outside.  I jumped in the pool literally 5 minutes after waking up.  It was pretty brisk...so I hopped in the hot tub for 15 minutes while waiting for the shower.

Went out to eat at the Moonlight Diner with the other guys for lunch.  I love that place!  Went to the mall after that...the Galleria.  Man, I hate malls.  I mean, I hate malls.  People hounding others to buy stuff, asking for donations, tons of trendy crap (turns out flannel is back in...nothing short of stupid how trends come and go...in my mind).  I was asked to sample perfume by a transvestite...the tw0-day moustache and beard (and manly face and body) gave it away...although the dress and boobs were supposed to dissuade me.  I just don't get it.  I never really gave the guy (can I say guy?) the time of day.  We stayed 30-40 minutes?  About 45 minutes too long for me.

Came back to the hotel...I desperately needed to sleep.  But I went out for my haircut late this afternoon.  I had to keep my word.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it works.  I made sure to pay for it, although the lady didn't want me to.  I said if I didn't pay for it, then my generosity last night would be completely negated.  If she had to "return the favor," then there really never was any favor.  I made SURE to pay for it.  She was still in shock.  While shampooing my hair, she introduced me to another hairdresser there, as "the man who rescued me."  Hmm.  She even brought up the integrity issue again.  Evidently something I said made an impression.  I told her I meant it...I live to be a man of my word.  Certainly a work in progress, but I'm trying.

Came back to the hotel and slept for an hour and a half.

Woke up, went to McDonald's, read some more of the Lindbergh biography.  Came back and spent the night at the hotel.

Some of the other guys went to the "dollar store."  I have no desire.

Went to bed at 12:30.  Looks like we can actually fly tomorrow!!!  Clouds are forecast at 5000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment