Friday, December 25, 2009

Back in Business--December 24, 2009

DSC09318

I woke up at 7:04 A.M.  To the view of the sun rising over the ocean.  It's kind of crazy to wake up in your "office."  I stepped outside to pee, then hopped back in my airplane.  I started up and headed for Ft. Lauderdale.

I arrived at 8:30 A.M.  I grabbed some mouthwash in the bathroom, called Matt and asked him to grab me breakfast, called home, and just waited for work to start!

A half hour later, I was out in the airplane again.  What a life.

I was able to finish one flight plan, but that was it.  We had clouds.

I landed at 11:30...having flown 4.1 hours by that time.

I grabbed Arby's on the way to the hotel, then came back and slept from 1:15 to 3:00.  I woke up mildly refreshed.

Sandy came over to "talk" at 4:00.  That was anything but pretty.  In no uncertain terms, it's over.  She wants long-term, I want companionship.  It's not that we want different things, really.  It's just timing.  I can't get her what she needs.  She won't give me what I need.  Crap.

Went out to eat with the boys for supper.  I was so hungry.  I hadn't eaten well in a little over a day.  I stuffed myself at Chili's.

Came back and spent the night in the hotel.  Chelsea called me and said she had made it back fine.  Good.  We talked for 20 minutes.

I went to a Christmas Eve Service at night.  I suppose it was good, but church is just silly to me.  It's certainly geared towards "locals."  I don't know where I fit into life anymore.  Relationships with people, relationships with God.  It's all geared towards having roots.  I have no roots.  So I have no...

Came back to the hotel.  Stayed up until 1:00.

I guess it's Christmas right now.  Hmm.  I walked home from the church...a little over a mile.  It was 74 degrees.  Matt made the comment it feels anything BUT like Christmas.  Yeah, I agree, sir.  I told him I was a bit nostalgic last year...especially with Thanksgiving and flying over and seeing families meeting at various homes.  I just knew what they were doing!

This year, though...hmm...I have no emotions.  I am nothing short of numb to it.  I guess you just accept your allotment in life.  I get no holidays, so I guess I just live with no holidays.  No need to be sad.

Christmas tomorrow.  Today.  Whatever.

No, it sure doesn't feel like it.

I'm not sure what I'm ready for...but I think I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment