Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gearing Up for the Big Day(s)!!!--May 28, 2010

Woke up at 6:36 A.M.  But that just wasn't goin' to happen.  So I fell asleep again until 7:46 A.M.  Much better.  But I had slept 12 HOURS!!!  12 hours!!!  Who does that?!  I was obviously tired.  I grabbed some breakfast and had a VERY lazy morning, spending most of the time on the internet.

I walked downtown for lunch again, this time stopping at a classic diner.  Since I was dining by myself, though, they put me in the back!  It was kind of...weird.  Oh well.  I came back to the hotel, then headed to the airport to grab my receipts for the month.  It was crazy windy today.  We had winds at 30 mph gusting to 48 here in town.  No thanks on flying.  The winds at 12,000 feet were at 65 knots.  That's just crazy.  And not fun when flying over the numerous hills, mountains, and valleys.  So I didn't even go up today.

I used most of the day to try to mentally prepare myself for what is likely to be SEVERAL days of 8-hour flying.  The forecasts all look great, and the winds look favorable.  I miiiiiiiight get the morning off tomorrow due to the winds still being aggressive at 35 knots up there, but it's hard saying.  I think they are going to be off the nose enough to not make it an issue.  I guess we'll see.

I made some preparation for where I'll be landing, too.  It's either Price or Moab, Utah, for fuel.  Moab's airport is about 18 miles outside of town, though, so that presents a problem for lunch.  But there is no courtesy car at Price, so that also presents a problem.  It looks like I'll be taking my lunch with me.  <sigh>  Nothing is ever easy.

I went downtown again this evening for supper.  I stopped at a little deli shop.  Pretty good but not great.  Then I came back to the hotel where I spent the rest of the night.  It was a pretty lazy day.  An honest break.  I thought about going up in the mountains again, but I honestly just wanted to rest before the next stretch of flying.

Speaking of which, I called my boss today about a question with my flight pay, and I then learned that it looks like I'll be flying a bit longer than anticipated.  I KNEW this would happen!  <sigh>  No, really, I just sighed out loud!  Instead of June 11, it looks like June 15 now.  It's not a huge change, but I just want to start counting down the days!  Actually, not start!  I want to finish counting down the days!!!  I have already started!  So my 14 is now a 18.  Like I said, it's not a huge change, but it's a mental change.  And I had a feeling that it would happen...

I also sent my website and blog public today.  I usually had one daily reader of my blog.  Today, as of this writing, I had 156.  And my website went from 10-15 hits to over 500.  Not bad for a day's work.  It's kind of fun!  Though I wonder if I have any incriminating material in my past blogs!  ha!

All in all, a pretty good day.  Just nothin' special.

Just tryin' to get ready for tomorrow.  It has the potential to be a loooooooong day.  I was in bed by 11:00 P.M.  Alarm is set for 7:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment