Thursday, May 27, 2010

My First Night at "Home"--May 19, 2010

Woke up at 7:30 to my alarm.  That just wasn’t happening.  So I went back asleep and ended up waking up at 8:26.  I grabbed some breakfast, took a shower, and then I loaded up my four-wheeler into my truck.  Mom (she took the day off) and I drove it over to my house, and I unloaded it there.  On the way over, my truck died several times.  Basically, every time I threw it into Neutral in order to coast, it would die.  Or when I came to a stop, it would die.  This is not good!!!  Here it is, only the second day I’ve driven my truck, and it won’t stay running!!!  Not good!!!  We headed back home (it died some more), and I started to load up some more stuff from the shed.

But I was in sooooooo much pain.  My lower back was just killing me…I don’t think I’ve ever felt like this before.  It hurt so bad.  I would go to lift something, and I literally physically could NOT lift it!  It was the weirdest thing ever…but it was certainly real!  I came inside and laid down on the floor.  I tried to do some back stretches and exercises, but I couldn’t even lift my legs up.  It was that bad!

Dad and I loaded up the rest of my stuff out of the shed, then we had lunch.  I made a call to a mechanic in town and set up a time for him to look at it tomorrow night.  Then Dad and I took the second load over to my house.  We unloaded the stuff, then took some time to address the yard.  And frankly, it needed some addressing!!!  I weed-whacked while he mowed.  And I tell ya, what a difference a “shave and a haircut” makes!  The place looks 10 times better.  I still have a lot of yard work to do, but it’s a start.  This definitely needed to be done.

We headed to Auto Zone before we went back to Mom and Dad’s place, and I dropped $30 there.  I bought a much-needed air filter, a fuel filter, oil and filter, and a PCV valve.  I installed the air filter at the store, but the truck still died on the way home.  That didn’t fix it!

Back at Mom and Dad’s house, Dad and I burned some wood I had taken from my house.  It was just layin’ in the yard takin’ up space.  After that, I changed my oil.  What should have been a 20-minute process ended up taking about an hour since I started the project without my oil filter wrench.  Bad move.  I had the hardest time getting that thing off!!!  It was tough!!!  But I finally got it taken care of.  A little bit of work, but it was cheap.  I only had $11.99 and a little bit of elbow work in that oil change.

The day was absolutely perfect, and I didn’t want to waste it, so even after a good day’s work, I decided to head back out.  Mom and I went bird-feeder shopping.  I never really found one I liked.  Everything is made so cheaply yet they are expensive!  Seriously, the quality is lacking, but the prices are not.  That was frustrating.  We went to Big R, Wal-Mart, Menards, and Tractor Home Supply, and I never really found one that I liked.  They were all just cheaply made.  But I grabbed one…we’ll see if it works or not.

Because that took me about 45 minutes longer than I expected, I didn’t have time to go over and put it at my house!  I had to get Mom back to cook!  We were having Crazy and Casey and Erica over tonight, so she had some work to do.  I had her back at 7:10 for a party at 8:30!  And that’s where I spent most of the rest of the night.  We ate, talked, and just hung out until 10:30.

Then I loaded up my stuff and headed over to my house.  And that’s where I am now!  Tonight is the first night I’ll be sleeping in a house I bought three months ago!!!  Ha!  It’s nice, though…it’s different being alone in my own place, but it’s nice, too.  I like this place.

I was in bed at 11:30.  Alarm is set for 7:30 again.  We’re goin’ to visit Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow up in Lincoln, but I want to do some yard stuff first!

We’ll see what happens.

All in all, a very good day.  Enjoyable and productive.  I actually got dirty today…the first time in months.  I LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment