Monday, May 3, 2010

I Feel Like Crap--May 2, 2010

Woke up at 8:45 A.M.  Grabbed some breakfast, but I was feeling TERRIBLE.

I headed over to the airport, and I was again THRILLED to find out that my airplane was not being worked on.  I seriously felt like crap.  I started to head to Wal-Mart for medicine, but I just opted to let my body battle it.  I hate relying on medicine.  So I had to push through the nasty feeling all day.  Dry eyes, SNEEZING, runny nose, stuffy nose.  It sucked.

We all ate at the airport, but I came right back over to the hotel and tried to sleep.  I just wanted to fight this sickness.  I'm hopin' it's a sickness anyway...I seriously wondered if it wasn't the very bed that I was sleeping in that was causing the problem.  My problems started THE DAY I moved over to this new room.  So who knows.  I guess time will tell.  I was hopin' for rain today, too, so that just in case it was something in the air, it would all be pushed down.  But that just didn't happen.

But I spent almost all day in bed.  I slept for a short time, but I didn't really leave my bed hardly at all.  I hate every bit about it, but it just has to happen.  The other guys were able to scout again, but my plane is still in pieces.

So another 0.0 today.

I grabbed supper downstairs, then came right back up.  Another pretty simple day.  We're all gettin' pretty anxious about what the rest of the season is goin' to look like.  I'm not too overly thrilled to stay on a whole lot longer, but at the same time, I would REALLY like to surpass the 200-hour multi-engine mark.  MAYBE that will open up some doors for me.  250 sounds nice.  But we'll see.

I imagine this week is really going to clarify quite a bit.  I'm eager to see if they keep us here on this project.  Tomorrow is actually lookin' good for imaging.  But my airplane is still in pieces, and the very tired mechanic is quite literally falling asleep on the chair next to me.  So I won't be waking up at 7:30 with the rest of the guys.  Although they should be able to fly some.  I'll probably be able to get up around noon.

Tuesday looks like some hefty winds out of the west, though.  Never a good combination.

Just another blah day.  I'm getting pretty eager to get back home.  Just that time of the season.  I haven't had a break since January.

Went to bed at 11:30.  Alarm is set for 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment