Monday, May 10, 2010

A Lil' Bit of Flying--May 8, 2010

Woke up at 7:30 A.M.  Did the morning routine, then headed for the airport.  The other guys headed for the mountains, and I headed over to east of Front Range.  The air didn't seem too awful bad at first, although I had a pretty stiff wind on take-off.  But the flight over was more or less OK.

Well, that didn't last too long.  Basically, it was just like yesterday.  I honestly couldn't tell if it was better or worse.  I couldn't tell if I had just accepted my lot in life or if it was a hair better.  But it was still not enjoyable.  I was only able to finish 13 lines before we all called it a day.  It should have been a few more, but I was missing pictures more often than not.  Updrafts, downdrafts, stupid flying.  And this was over the plains!!!  Oh well.

I headed back for Centennial...and I had my FIRST head-bump in the Aztec.  It happens quite a bit in the 172, but I hit my head on the ceiling for the first time in the Aztec.  Not cool.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever goin' to hit my head on the side window so hard that I pass out.  I don't like the thought of that.  All in all, I had logged 2.6 hours.  I was glad to be on the ground again.

STUPID FLYING!!!

We went out to Quizno's for lunch.  And then I spent the early part of the afternoon working on finances!  I got caught up on all of my receipts...it's pretty fun to see it all.  I have spent over $10,000 in just 6 months on living on the road.  Crazy.  But I'm pretty close to my goals for food and hotel, so that is nice.

I found a truck on craigslist today, too, and I had my mom and dad go check it out.  Mom called me laughing and said, "Well, it runs!"  Ha!  Dad came on the phone and said, "Go find yourself a high hill over a lake, and drive it off into it."  Ha!  I love it!  I asked if it would last me the 5 months, and they both had no doubt about that.  I said buy it!  The guy was asking $1200, and I said to offer $900.  He took it!  Ha!  I bought a truck 1000 miles away for $900.  I'm pretty excited about that.

But my ENTIRE mind was wrapped up in my date with Tessa tonight!!!  Agh, I was...giddy!!!  After being canceled the previous two nights, I was MORE than ready!  And everything pretty much went well!!!  She picked me up around 6:00, and we went for a walk while we still had some daylight!!!  It was PERFECT!!!  I really like this girl.  We just talked and talked and talked.  Then we went to a little dive restaurant and talked some more!  She had a few drinks, but I didn't mind...and then we started playing 20 Questions...and we were candid!!!  I mean, WOW!  For the second date, we were just gettin' right down to business.  It was...good.  It really was.  I just enjoyed it all.  She kept on telling me how much she liked me, and she kissed me a couple of times!!!  All I could do was smile.  She's so beautiful.

She insisted we grab a cab to the next place, and so we went and had one more drink.  She wanted more, but I insisted that we just go home.  So we did...went to her house where her roommates were and hung out some more.  I didn't realize it before, but she was pretty out of it.  Pretty drunk.  She ended up falling asleep almost right away, and she was gone.  Gone.  I was pretty disappointed.  I was left to myself...and could barely sleep.  A different house, a foreign bed...my night's sleep was miserable...I would only guess I had a couple hours of light in-and-out sleep.

But I really do like her.  She's different.  She's not perfect by any means, but she's real.  She's honest with me.  I really admire and appreciate that.

I hate to say it, but I think I'd give up airplanes for a good woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment