Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's Time--May 25, 2010

Woke up at 9:00 A.M.  I didn't have anything to eat, so I opted for coffee.   I wasn't feelin' too awake anyway!!!  It took me forever (15 minutes) to figure out how to use the coffee maker, but I finally managed.  Today is the big day...goin' back on the road.  So I used it to get everything ready.

One of those being laundry.  Actually, I cleaned and organized the entire house.  It didn't take too much because I don't have much (and I plan on keeping it that way).  But I put all of my mail away, did all my laundry, and emptied my suitcases so as to not take wasteful items again.  Mom texted me and said she would take us all out to Subway for lunch.  So I called my sister only to find out that she was enroute to the emergency room!  She had a possible blood clot.  Man oh man.  So I had the duties of calling Mom, Dad, and bro...in that order.  I tell you, I tried to so hard, but I started crying!  I even told myself to "BE STRONG!" before every phone call, but the thought of my niece growing up without a Mom...that thought just doesn't sit too well with me.  I dropped to my knees and prayed.

Everything ended up being ok.

Mom, Jobu, and I all met for lunch.  I went over to a guy's house to check on a lawnmower that I had seen at his garage sale last Friday, but it had sold.  It was great condition...and cheap.  I should've bought it.  I'm kickin' myself for not.  It was nice eating out with the fam, though we were short a couple.

Jobu came over to the house for some cookie dough, and we talked a bit.  Then he headed out, and I started finishing (funny words together!) packing.  Mom and Dad were coming over at 2:45 to pick me up.

And just like that, we were off towards St. Louis.  My flight was leaving at 5:40.  We had a bit of construction (though it ended up not being anything...two lanes went down to one, stopping traffic for 4 miles only for us to find out that we never needed to go down to one at all...comical but frustrating!).  I stopped at Arby's for a quick supper, then I was on my way.  I ended up getting there a little before 5:00.  I said good-bye to Mom and Dad...and then headed inside.

HERE WE GO!!!

I was flying to Phoenix...just over three hours.  As I boarded, I asked the pilot if they were hiring.  "Nobody is hiring, are they?"  It was more a statement than a question.  <sigh>  The flight wasn't too bad, though the person next to me never talked to me.  I browsed a couple of magazines I had bought, then tried to sleep as much as I could.  I had an hour lay-over in Phoenix, and I was crazy hungry again, so I had a full meal AGAIN!  This time it was Burger King.  Nothin' like back-to-back fries and grease to start my trip back on the road.  Bleh.  I actually went to Quizno's to eat, but they were closed.  Grr.

My second flight to Salt Lake City was just over an hour.  The guy next to me never uttered a word.  Not one.  So I sat there and picture us having an emergency (I was in the exit row).  I think I can handle it.

I landed at 10:40 Mountain time.  Kenton picked me up, then we headed for the hotel.  I met Jensen and Jeff there...guys I haven't seen in several weeks and two months respectively.  So we chatted for about 20 minutes but then I forced myself to retire to bed.  Tomorrow is looking like a good day to fly.

I walked inside the hotel, brushed my teeth, and went right to bed.

Alarm is set for 7:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment