Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day--June 20, 2010

Woke up at 8:00 A.M.  I was pretty stinkin' tired.  Came out to the kitchen and ate some breakfast (thanks, Mom!).  Then took a shower.  Around 8:50 I headed for church.  It's been awhile since I've been to this church, so I tried to find my old Sunday School class, but it appears it has dissipated.  Too bad.  I enjoyed them.  So I found another one...and I brought down the average age by 50 years.  NO lie.  It kind of made me sad.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE old people.

I'm just curious as to where the people are aged 27 who love God.  That is all.

Class was ok.  I was pretty appalled in the first 10 minutes when the teacher went through an entire page (and a bit more) of jokes against our government.  I thought he would tie it in to the lesson somehow, but it was literally just belitting our nation's leaders.  It was sickening.  There was no health in it whether we trust them or not.   I thumbed through the Bible to Romans12 where it commands us to pray for our leaders, and I was so close to raising my hand.  It's hard being the new guy sometimes..."Um, yes, now that you are done, would you mind if we prayed for President Obama"?  That would have gone down like a lead zeppelin.

I went out to Mom and Dad's house after church for Father's Day.  Grandma and Grandpa, Crazy and Jenna, Casey, Erica, and Micaiah were all there, so that was fun.  Bob, Lisa, and Melissa ended up coming later.  I am so blessed to have such a great family!  I try to never take it for granted.  Part of the fun was watching Casey get his gifts.  He loved the weed trimmer, and he about wet himself with the riding lawn mower.  I'm glad he can use them.  It's fun giving gifts.

The food was great.  Hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, potato salad, cottage cheese, baked beans, and sweet tea.  YES, YES, and YES!!!  We had Grandma's applie pie, Erica's crazy graham cracker dessert, and homemade ice cream to round it all off.  Needless to say, I think I filled my tummy.

I ended up staying at their house all afternoon.  Minus a little trip to show Grandma and Grandpa (and Melissa) my house...and Casey and Erica's.  That was enjoyable.

I left around 5:30 and came back to my house.  Seeing as how it was still light out, I started working on my front yard.  I am going to remove even more rock and re-do the entire area in front of my house.  It's just been...well, overgrown with weeds.  Dad is going to come by tomorrow and help, but I just wanted something to do.  I also cleaned out my garage.  I have a lot of stuff in it already!

I talked to Ash for a bit tonight, then ended up watching a (lame) war movie from my roommate's collection.  That ended around 11:00, and I was in bed at midnight.  I am very, very tired.

Alarm is set for 7:30.  LOTS of work to do tomorrow!!!  I'm eager to get this front yard all beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment