Monday, June 28, 2010

A New Roommate!!!--June 28, 2010

Woke up at 9:30.  I didn't have any breakfast food, so I just drank a glass of milk.

Outside was still too wet, so I opted to get some paperwork done inside.  I finally got caught up on my receipts!!!  I was about a month behind...so it was nice to get that all done.  Boogs called me around noon, and I thought she was going to want to go out to eat again!  But she said she was swinging by our brother Kirk's house and wanted to know if I wanted to join.  Sure, why not.  Nothing going on here.

I went to Wal-Mart real quick to FINALLY buy groceries.  It's been almost two weeks since I've been here, and this is the first time I've been shopping for food.  I tell ya, it's crazy how cheap a guy can be!  I went to town on the $1.00 lean microwaveable dinner meals.  Works for me.  It's cheap AND healthy.  Beats the $10.00 average restaurant bill I had on my receipts!!!

Boogs picked me up, and then we headed over to Jobu's house.  We didn't really have any plans other than to visit.  He put me to work outside on a water leak he's been having.  It wasn't hard, though.  We just caulked the window and the encasement around the window.  No worries.

We stayed there for a few hours, then headed back home around 4:00-ish.  I again didn't really have much to do, but that was fine by me.  It was a nice, relaxing day.  I did end up calling a guy I had e-mailed on Friday, though, about staying in my house.  He had come by to check out the place last night, and tonight he said he would take it.  Perfect.  So I now have a new roommate!  He's around my age and doing some medical school.  It's a good match.

This evening I went out with Casey and Erica and a whole slew from their church to see Toy Story 3.  It was a decent flick, but I feel like I was a bit too old for it!  Am I getting that way?!  I don't know...it was fine, but it wasn't great.  I certainly won't be seeing it again.

Came back home and relaxed some more.  My body is crazy sore from being in a crawlspace for six hours yesterday!!!  It hurts to even sit on my cheeks!  Funny what muscles I was using.

But all in all, a good day.  I have a new (paying!) roommate.  And my front yard is drying up very nicely.  The forecast is for SEVERAL days of sunshine with 0% rain.  I certainly need it.

Went to bed at a decent 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment