Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Waiting...--March 18, 2010

Woke up at 9:15 A.M.

I stayed around my boss's house until just before 11:00 when I went to the airport.  He and another mechanic had literally spent the entire evening at the airport working on the Aztec.  They are trying to get it ready by Saturday.  There is quite a bit of work left to be done, but every waking moment is being dedicated to this airplane!!!

I hung around until lunch, then went out to eat with the guys.  I came back for a short bit, but I wasn't doin' much, so I headed back to the house.  I was only there 20 minutes when the boss called.  He needed me to pick up some parts.  And that's what I did the rest of the afternoon.  Helicoil.  Alodine.  I headed back to the shop only to find out the four of our milled parts weren't cut correctly.  So I headed to the lathe shop to have them fixed.  I was all over for awhile!

I came back, gave 'em the parts, stood around for about 10 minutes and then called it a day.  Again.  The guys are REALLY giving this their all, and it's neat to watch, but again, I wasn't needed.  So there was no sense in me being there.

I went out to a bar/grill for supper and played a few games of pool.  I came back to the house around 8:00 and just sat around.  It kind of stunk!  Not knowing anybody in the area is rough!  Let's hope the next couple of months aren't goin' to be this bad...

Ended up going to bed around midnight.

I'm still crazy excited about flying this thing.  The day gets closer and closer every day, but I'm ready!!!  Let's do this!!!

In other news, I made an ad for my house.  I'm goin' to put a renter in one of my rooms!!!  This ought to be interesting doing from 800 miles away...

No comments:

Post a Comment