Friday, March 26, 2010

No More Winter, Please!!!--March 25, 2010

Woke up at 9:00 A.M.  The weather outside was yucky...it was raining lightly.  I checked the weather online, and the clouds were actually fairly high...around 6000 feet, but I simply can't take pictures with any type of moisture.  And the forecast showed it raining all day.

All of a sudden, I had an entire day to kill by myself!

I read a little bit in the morning, bought some stocks (which I haven't been able to do since buying that house!!!) which made me happy again!, and just sat around and passed the time.  I walked over to the mall for lunch, but nothing really piqued my interest.  So I walked out the doors on the other side and headed to Burger King.  A $3.00 lunch.  Hard to beat.  I talked to Jennifer again today, too.  It's crazy to me how one simple action can just change your life...even if in a small way.  I go to my brother's wedding, I meet a girl who in turn has this friend, I make a comment online, and before I know it, I'm now talkin' to this girl's friend.  It's nuts.  Like silly crazy nuts.

The afternoon involved more of the same.  I had to walk back in some light (though VERY cold!) rain, and it didn't show any signs of letting up.  I read some more and just hung out in the hotel.  I'm not goin' to lie...it kind of felt like a prison today!  It was just one of those days inside...not too fun!  To pass the time, I decided to go to the pool...so I threw on my swim trunks and followed the sign.  Imagine my face when I found myself at a door leading outside...to a pool covered with a huge tarp...and I could feel the cold air coming through the windows.  Needless to say, I passed.  Agh, I was a bit disappointed!  Now what?!

I ended up going to the hotel restaurant for supper...and just spent the evening in.  NCAA basketball, some internet, and a bit more reading.  It was a VERY slow day.

I should mention that around 5:30, the rain decided to turn to snow.  Yes, SNOW.  I wasn't too thrilled about that.  The forecast called for about an inch, but we only received a dusting.  But enough of a dusting to make tomorrow a no-go.  I'm still plannin' on goin' flyin' tomorrow...but there is just going to be too much snow on the ground for pictures.

What a day.  What a slooooooooooooow day.

Finally went to bed at 12:45 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment