Thursday, March 18, 2010

Waiting--March 16, 2010

Woke up at 11:25 A.M.  I didn't set my alarm, and that felt great!

My boss and I headed out to meet the mechanics for lunch (or breakfast?!).  After that, we headed to the airport.  The Aztec is still in the fabrication phase.  Actually, we are waiting on the approval by the FAA rep who has to OK all of the modifications.  We really can't move ahead on anything until that happens.

I spent the entire day at the airport.  Probably longer than I wanted to.  I played some ping-pong, checked out all of the aircraft being worked on, and just hung out with the guys.  Nothin' too fancy.

Oh, I also learned today that I am not getting paid for any of this!!!  Grr.  I didn't really know that...or at least hadn't planned on that!  Basically, I thought I was coming to fly an airplane here!  I had no idea that it could take several days before it's even ready.  Oh well...

It's REALLY hard to complain when I know that this is a special opportunity.  I mean, I'm going to be flying a twin-engine aircraft!  If I have to take a little break in order for that to happen, I'm really not out anything.  It will all be worth it in the end.

Came home around 8 o'clock.  Grabbed a sub on the way home and ended up talking to Trisha for an hour and a half before bedtime.  Watched some TV with my boss before bed...we try to Republicanize ourselves enough before we drift off to sleep.  So we enjoyed watching the uber-conservatives bash our President about this whole healthcare reform.

It will be interesting to see where this all ends up.

Went to bed at 12:30 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment