Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Wait Continues!!!--March 23, 2010

Woke up at 9:00 A.M. with my jeans still on.  How about that.

We headed to the airport again...with the intentions of being done by noon again.  There were very minor items still to be addressed on the plane and cameras.  So I headed back out for my moral support again!  It's the right thing to do.

Well, noon came and went.  And so did my desire to be there!  We ended up staying until 4:00 o'clock.  Sigh.  These days are just looooooooooooooong when you stand around.  I mean, a day really is a long time when you don't have much to do.  I took my laptop today, and I worked on some financial stuff...but that didn't last too long.  The majority of the time was me hangin' out in the hangar again.  Just watchin' and helpin' with what I could.

We went out to eat at some restaurant that has been around since 1958.  Frankly, it wasn't that good.  And when I went back up to get a refill on my root beer and was told they don't give refills, I liked 'em even less.  Agh, I just want good food!  Here I was charged $8.00 for a crappy meal!  It was a heart attack on a plate.  I hate that.

I did talk to a possible roommate today, though.  Seems like a nice guy.  We'll see how that goes.  It's crazy interesting owning a house 1000 miles away.

I also checked out the weather for Denver.  They are supposed to get 8-20 inches of snow tonight.  We told the Vice President that, and it looks like I now may be going to Ohio or Iowa because of that.  Oh well.  Whatever!  As long as I fly, I'll be fine.

And as it stands now, we'll go up for training tomorrow and then I'm on my own!  The weather was sooooooooo bad again today...overcast 400 feet with cold rain.  Two days in a row now.  I hate Rochester!

I was bored in the hotel tonight, so I went down to the restaurant for some dessert.  I came back, and we both went stir-crazy, so my boss and I headed back down there for some pool and a drink.  We played several games, but we were eager to get back to the room and be lazy again.  I ended up talking to a friend for about an hour, and then I headed for bed.  It was 1:00 again.  I REALLY need to stop doing this!

Alarm is set for 7:45 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment