Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Movin' On!!!--March 8, 2010

DSC09747

Woke up at 7:20.  We had clouds, but they were all high!  Grabbed some breakfast, took a quick shower, and then we were off for Day Who Knows of flying in a row!  Unbelievable!

The winds were calm on departure, and I never really could figure out where they were coming from at altitude.  My speeds ranged from 104 to 92...but they somewhere out of the south.  But it was a smooth ride for most of the morning...up until 11:00 o'clock.  But we were able to finish this half of the project!!!  The bumps were gettin' kinda crazy towards the end, but we knocked it out!  I was so excited.

We flew back to Branson, called the hotel to see if we could check out, ate, packed, and left!  We were out of the hotel at 2:30 and back at the airport around 3:00.  We were relocating over to St. Louis for the other half of the project...and I couldn't be happier!  If all goes well, I'm goin' to try to swing up to see friends, family, and my house!!!  It's only a couple-hour drive from where we're goin'.

I creeped up to 5500 feet in the ol' Cessna, and we had a relatively uneventful flight over to St. Louis.  It was certainly not smooth, and I had to keep on adjusting the yoke to maintain course and altitude, but all in all, it really wasn't that bad.  After 1.8 hours of flying, I was there.  I flew 6.4 hours total with the revenue flight from this morning.  Pretty nice.

We grabbed a hotel and were thrilled to find out they are serving free food and drinks from 5-7 most nights!  Perfect!  We're only payin' $50 anyway, so this just makes it even better!  I don't even need supper!  Matt and Ivo were still here.  They are finished with their project but couldn't move on to Wichita because of the storms.  So we had six of us together again!  And we had a VERY lively and hilarious hour-and-a-half of conversation and laughter there in the hotel lobby.  We were dying.  So much fun.

The weather is lookin' absolutely crazy for the next few days.  We were kind of in a hurry to get out due to rain and thunderstorms, and sure enough, Branson is under quite a bit of rain right now.  We should be getting that storm tonight and tomorrow...and it looks like the next few days is going to be wet!!!

So as of right now, I'm goin' to grab a car and hop up to home!  Can't wait!

Went to bed at 11:30.

Forecast is for overcast clouds at 1500 with light rain.  I don't see that changing too much...the entire Midwest looks like it's goin' to be soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment