Sunday, August 8, 2010

Almost Done!!!--August 7, 2010

Woke up before my alarm went off.  But I stayed in bed until it actually did at 8:15.  Grabbed some breakfast, took a shower, then headed outside to start work on the shed.  I really needed some trim pieces, so I loaded up the three unused bundles of shingles and headed for Menards.  I returned the shingles, then purchased 18 8-foot 1x4's.  About $28.  Not too terrible.  I also bought some hinges and a closing clasp for when the door is shut.  A total of around $50 altogether.

I came back home and realized once I got back that I had forgot to buy nails!  Agh!!!  I asked Jobu to come over and help me, and he said he would, so I wanted to hurry out and get nails first.  So I headed for the hardware store, but I met Mom on the way out!  So I came back to the house to talk to her, and she was eager to start painting!  Well, I didn't have the paint bought yet, so she decided to go to Wal-Mart while I headed to True Value.  I bought nails, then came back to put on the doors with Jobu.

It was already 10:30.  And I hadn't really done anything yet!!!  Jobu and I tried to figure out how to do the door, but we quickly realized that I needed smaller hinges.  GRR!!!  I headed to Wal-Mart real quick to pick some up, but they didn't have what I needed.  So I made a quick trip BACK to True Value.  They were very expensive there, but I needed 'em while I had the help.  I came back to install them, but we just couldn't make the attachment of the doors make sense in our mind.  If we put them on the inside, the hinges would move.  On the outside didn't seem to be making much sense, either.  And Jobu had to work.  So he left, and I had no doors hung.  GRR!!!

I helped Mom paint after he left.  She only bought one gallon, and that was only good for 1 1/2 sides.  So we only got about 1/3 of the way done with that.  But she was eager to help with the doors, so we went at 'em again.  And THIS time we were able to figure it out!  So Mom and I installed the doors!  I was so excited!  It's not a shed that closes!!!  So I quickly starting stuff back there!  But I was under a time crunch.  It was already after 3 o'clock, and I had a hot date tonight (true story!), so I had to stop the moving of items.  We picked up our gear, and she headed off, while I headed in to town to get a haircut.  I kid you not, it ended up costing me $22.  I about crapped my pants.  They were $15 last year.  What is this?!  I am going to have to use Jobu's barber...they are only $8.  But he had closed at noon.

Well, I came back and showered and then headed out for my date.  It was pretty far away (an hour and a half), but she was just about as cute as could be!  We headed out for a dinner on the river and just talked.  Then we went for a walk in a park and talked some more!  Definitely a blast.  Talked about dreams, desires, family, everything that crossed our minds.  She is so stinkin' attractive!  We ended up heading back to her grandparents' house and sat out on the swing and talked some more!

FINALLY at 12:15, I made my push for home.  I was hoping I would make it!  The first 25 miles were fine, but the next 45 were ROUGH.  I was doing everything to stay awake.  I turned on the radio in the truck for the first time since owning it.  I rolled down the windows.  I sung out loud.  I moved my hands.  But I was struggling.  I ended up stopping at a gas station about 35 miles away from home.  I just needed something.  I moved around and grabbed a Pepsi.  Then I hopped back in.  My truck was making a ticking sound, though, that I noticed when I pulled into the gas station.  Lifters?  I don't know.  But I don't like it!

I made the last 35 miles halfway decent.  But still very tired.  I rolled in at 1:56 A.M.  VERY tired.  So I headed for bed.  Was in bed at 2:20.  Alarm is set for 8:35.

I like cute girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment