Monday, August 9, 2010

Still Not Done!!!--August 8, 2010

Woke up at 8:35 A.M.  I was in a DEEEEEEEEP sleep.  When that alarm went off, WOW.  I tried to pull myself together, but it wasn't pretty!  I was up too late last night!  Silly girl.  :)  Grabbed some breakfast, took a shower, then headed for church.  Had a decent service.  But I was pretty tired.  I downed a cup and a 1/3 of coffee...just trying to function.  yikes.

Headed to Mom and Dad's house afterwards for lunch.  Grabbed a hamburger, two hot dogs, some awesome baked beans, and some milk.  I helped Dad get his mini-tiller running again, and then I was off.  I needed a nap in the worst way possible.  So around 1:50 I went down for a nap.  I set my alarm for 3:30.

And I was out.  3:30 quickly rolled around, and I wasn't sure I was any better!  But I forced myself out of bed.  I certainly wasn't very motivated to work, though.  I was just in a funk!  But I headed outside and then went to Wal-Mart to buy some paint.  I needed to get this shed done!  I called Erica and Casey and Dad and tried to get them all to come over!  ha!  I am just so ready to be done.  They all agree to help out, so that was nice.  Casey and Erica painted, and Dad installed the second ceiling fan in my garage.  It didn't have any screws for the blades, though!  Grr!

But we were able to get the entire shed completely painted.  It looks pretty good.  I still need to put the trim on and finish putting some supports on the doors, but I'm finally at 95% completion.  It's the final touches that take a long time!  And you don't see much progress each day!  But it's nearing completion.  And I am certainly ready for that.  But it looks good, and I'm proud of it.  I think it's going to look great once I put the white trim on.  It should really pull out the color.


Cleaned up, then headed out to Steak 'n Shake with Casey, Erica, and Baby.  Stayed there until 9:20, downing three mugs of root beer.  I was so thirsty!  And quite exhausted just from painting!  Stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to see if they had any ceiling fan screws, but they didn't.  Will have to run out to Menard's.  Talked to Whitney again tonight.  And talked to Crazy Zach!  It looks like he'll be my roommate here in the next couple of weeks.  That'll be nice.  Ended up staying up until 11:40.

I am eager for an early bed time, though.  I am still pretty tired.  Got the alarm set for 8:00.  I could sure use a full 8 hours of sleep.  I am hoping to cut the trim pieces and paint them tomorrow.  I'm also plannin' on getting the support pieces up for the door.  I'll install a latch and then be done!  And it's going to sit there for the next 20 years!!!  I already have it mostly full, too!  I'm not goin' to lie, a shed is pretty nice to have.  I'll have to add up the receipts and see exactly what I have in it.  I think I'm still around that $800 number.  The nice part is I'll finally be able to use my Man Cave, too!  It's a win-win.

Off to a very welcoming pillow...

No comments:

Post a Comment