Friday, February 12, 2010

Florida!!!--February 11, 2010

DSC09580

I woke up at 8:00 A.M.  My body told me that that was NOT going to happen.  I set my alarm for 9:00...but I never could fall back asleep.  That makes me soooo angry!

Grabbed some breakfast, called the shuttle, and then headed for a bank!  I needed these house papers signed!  I walked in and asked if they had a notary.  They did.  I walked over to her desk and asked if she would sign my papers.  She asked if I had an account there.  I said I did not and that I am not even from the area.  She asked if I banked with Regions, and I again said no.   She said she could not sign my papers then.  Unbelievable.  Seriously.  She wouldn't even help me out.  She kept on talking, and I turned and walked out.  She obviously saw my disappointment.  I hate policy.  Especially when it comes to removing kindness.  It's seen quite a bit on the road.  It's downright frustrating.  This society is BUILT around people that are local.  Around stability.  Around locality.  If you don't have that, you fight against it all the time.  It's nothing short of annoying.

My shuttle driver called and asked where a Bank of America was located.  We went there, and I had no problems getting my papers signed.  If all goes well, I should be the owner of a house in 8 days!  Wow!

I went to the airport, filed IFR to Lakeland, Florida, and hit the skies.  We had high overcast again...but VFR all the way.  I was cruising between 114-124 knots today.  It's nice going east.

I had the auto-pilot on the whole time.  And I thought about flying a jet.  It's just so precise...so accurate...and pretty simple!  Just turn the knob.  I can get used to this!

I decided to go past Lakeland and landed at Avon.  I just needed to move my legs.  I took off my camera covers and hurried to get to my project before the window closed.  I knew it was going to be close.  I didn't even grab any fuel.  And sure enough, I made it.  I had six lines to do...for a total of 17 minutes.  But I finished...right at 4:00 P.M.  A nice day.  The skies were just perfect...why couldn't they have been like this when we were out here a month and a half ago?!

It was fun to see the different landscape, too.  The fields are just a bit greener...but definitely noticeable.  There are just so many of them!

I flew back into Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, grabbed a rental car, and headed for a friend's house.  It was 62 degrees on the ground!!!  Needless to say, I lost my jacket right away.  It's crazy...I saw five inches of snow and ice yesterday...and now I'm in 62-degree weather!!!  Guess what one I would rather have.  I'll be stayin' at my friend's house until the project is completed.  Oh, and I finally received my Christmas gift from my sister!!!  It had been waiting here in Fort Lauderdale ever since I left.  I had missed it by four hours last time.

I went out to eat with my friend and absolutely ate WAY too much.  I hated it.  I felt like crap afterwards, and it just sucks knowing that I was a glutton.  If only for a day.  It was dumb.  And I still feel like crap.  I have noticed a gain in weight the past couple of weeks, and yet I still do it!  This needs to stop.

While at the restaurant, though, I received a call from the boss.  He said a pilot was fired tonight.  That means I move up in seniority.  And I was told about an opportunity I may have in the future.  Interesting.

My friend worked all night, so I had a lazy night.  It was nice.

The forecast is for low clouds and rain tomorrow.  I don't think I'll be working.

I went to bed at 12:30 A.M.  Eastern time!!!  So an hour ahead of what I am used to!  But I am so tired.  Just physically drained.  And I have a headache.

I set my alarm for 8:30 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment