Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paid to Do Nothing--February 22, 2010

Another slow day.

Woke up at 9:34 to a phone call from my plumber.  I went straight back to bed.  Woke up again at 11:30 to a phone call from my dad.  He had met with the plumber, and they were able to fix the leaks.  I had a leak behind the wall in the main bathroom, behind the wall next to the water heater, AND all three of my faucets have slow drips!  Agh!  The damage?  $327.50.  I was expecting a price of $250 (as told on Saturday), but you have your hands tied when it comes to professionals.  You have to pay them.  Grr.

This house thing is expensive.  I have $6000 going towards it already...money I can't invest with.  It's literally driving me nuts.  I don't like it.

Matt and Jensen were out at the airport for their 100-hour inspections.  We had low clouds at 2000 overcast today, so we didn't even bother scouting.  I simply had the day off.

I went to Homer's for lunch.  I really enjoy that place, although the meatloaf was a bit cold...and wasn't the best.  I should've stuck with something traditional instead...that's what you get for going for the special at 1:30 in the afternoon (they close at 2:00!).  Oh well.

I read more of the Howard Hughes biography this afternoon.  A very crazy man.  Addicted to women and adventure.  And he has money to back up both.  I think I would be scared to see what I would do if I had money.  Because I already have the first trait.  I like girls and adventure.  I just don't "carry it out" like he does.  What a wild man.

A pretty slow day all around.  I stayed in the hotel all afternoon.

I went out to KFC for supper...and then spent the night inside.

I picked Matt, Jensen, and our mechanic up at 10:05 and went to a restaurant with them.

But it looks like we'll finish the project tomorrow.  Clouds are forecast at 10,000 feet tomorrow.  And we'll be heading to Branson after that.  I'm not goin' to lie...I'm not too excited about that project.  It's around 10,000 square miles.  And I know I am going to be there forever.  I'm not too excited about that.

Oh well.  I'm flying.  And that project should provide PLENTY of hours.

I'll be looking back at days off like today and wishing I had it back.

So it begins.  The crazy flying season is almost here.  I imagine we'll be breaking 100 hours in March or April.  But we'll see.  The weather will tell.

Went to bed at 12:15 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment