Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's Official--February 19, 2010

Woke up at 8:20.  Grabbed some breakfast.

Jensen and Ivo headed for the skies...Matt and stayed in.

It was a pretty slow day.  Ok, a VERY slow day.

The only exciting part was lunch.  Matt and I found a lil' diner right close to the airport...a tiny little diner.  But there were TONS of cars parked out front.  We walked in, and I was instantly pulled to one of the hottest women I have ever seen.  Her body was literally just perfect.  Wowzers.  But then I was taken aback by the restaurant itself!!!  EVERY table was full...and it was so loud!  It felt more like an auction than anything!  I had never seen anything like it.  Just normal people out for a bite to eat.

I loved it!

And it so turned out that the "eye candy" was out waitress.  I ordered roast beef and mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll, and sweet tea.  Gotta love the south!  Good ol' home-cookin'.  And it was!!!  But the restaurant just amazed me.  We were literally out in the middle of nowhere...right in the middle of an industrial park...and so I asked the cashier why they were so packed.  He said it's because they have been there since the 50's...and since there is nowhere else to eat.  But it was the people that amazed me!  Mostly men...but old men, young men, business men, men in huntin' clothes...all across the board!  And we had business women and older women...and us!  It was just a hodge-podge of people in the simplest of cinder-block buildings.  Obviously here for some good food.

And the waitress?  Wowzers!

We ate, then headed back to the hotel.  I was closing for a house at 1:00, but I hadn't really heard anything at all about it.  That was interesting.  One o'clock came and went.  There was quite a bit of paperwork and communication throughout the process, but the actual closing was the most anti-climactic experience of my life.  Not even a word was said about it.

But it's official:  I'm a home-owner.

I thought about going for a run in the afternoon, but I opted for a nap instead.

Mom headed over to my new house to start cleaning...but I forgot to have the water turned on.  Oops!  I called plumber after plumber after plumber, but they were all done for the week-end.  No one would look at it until Monday.  I wish I had thought about this at 1:00!!!  I was 3 1/2 hours too late.  Sorry, Mom.  No water.

I found a date that I had went on the last time I was here, and she took me out to Texas Roadhouse.  We then went to her apartment and watched the Olympics (her dad was there!).  Anyway, she tried to jump my bones.  I refused.  That was pretty crazy.  She did everything in her power to get me to stay the night.  I had no desire.  I requested to be taken back to the hotel...much to her disbelief.

Women are crazy.

I went to bed at 12:15 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment