Saturday, March 20, 2010

And We Wait...--March 19, 2010

Woke up at 9:15 A.M.  Stayed around the house for awhile.  I lazily made my way to a sub shop on the way to the airport and took advantage of the sunshine.  I ate outside!  It was beautiful today...much nicer than yesterday.

I didn't do a whole lot today.  I helped spray paint some panels, played a couple of games of pool with myself, and just hung around the shop, but it wasn't much.  The Aztec is nearing completion, though.  The pieces are all back in, and everything is just about complete.

Later this afternoon, I hopped in and started the engines, then taxied over to the side of the airport to get the aircraft weighed.  With all of the new equipment, we had to get an updated weight-and-balance.  That was pretty straight-forward.  They simply tug the airplane onto some scales!  Easy enough.

But we're basically ready.  Tomorrow we are going to fly for several hours...just getting me used to the airplane.  Take-offs, landings, etc.  I'm ready for that!  It's been a lot of waiting this week!

This evening we all went out to a bar/grill for some food and drinks.  We ended up stayin' for SEVERAL hours.  I played a lot of pool, and I had some REALLY hot chick wink at me a couple of times.  She was ridiculously attractive, but it was hard to get past the huge rock on her finger.  She ended up showing me some butterfly tattoos on her side, and I certainly had to bite my lip...but, um, about that diamond.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I did end up playing with another somewhat attractive woman, though.  As the night progressed, she became more and more drunk.  Like...really drunk.  But she was nice.  She and her sister and her brother-in-law played pool with us for a couple of hours.  Basically, she likes me.  But she is 39 and has a couple of kids.  And I leave on Sunday...

Yeah, about that.

Came home around 2:45.  Ended up talking to my boss about some pretty heavy stuff...I was tryin' to get to bed, but it was pretty important.  So we talked about life, God, death, religion, me, him, etc.  I finally it quits at 4:00 A.M.

Crap.  I HATE staying up late.  And it's already mid-morning.

I'm not settin' my alarm...

No comments:

Post a Comment