Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Loooooooooooong Day--March 22, 2010

Woke up at 7:30.  Was at the airport by 8:00.

And I spent the rest of the day there.  And I mean just about all day.  Sometime this morning, I grabbed the courtesy car and drove the 1/4 mile down to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast as I needed some food.  I hate not eating at the proper times.  I also downed some coffee which I rarely do, but I certainly needed it today.  I was pretty tired.

Basically, the tech guys took the whole day to install the camera rig equipment.  One of the other vendors flew in with the rig, and they took it out of that airplane and are putting it into mine.  The timeframe was supposed to be a couple of hours...I literally thought I was going to be out of there around noon.  Well, because we thought it would not take too long, we went out to eat with the tech guys for lunch, then went over to Headquarters to give our mechanic a tour.  Well, that ended up turning into a 2 1/2 hour ordeal.  A long lunch, and an even longer talk with the Vice President!  It was enjoyable, but it ate up necessary time.

We didn't make it back to the hangar until 3:30 in the afternoon.

And we realized that the camera rig was NOT going to be installed in time.  But that certainly wasn't an option.  So we stayed.  And stayed some more.  And stayed some more.  I helped out with a couple of things here and there, but really, I just didn't want to be there!  I mean, it IS my airplane, and without their work, I don't have work.  So I didn't want to leave, but it was just painful.  Absolutely painful.

The good news is that the tech guys agreed to stay (they didn't have to as they BOTH expected to leave at 5:00, their normal ending time).  But we had a project to do, and they were willing to see it through.  Crazy.

We finally left the shop at 11:00, I kid you not.  11 stinkin' o'clock.  I was tired, I was a bit perturbed, and I was crazy hungry.  We took the hotel shuttle to the McDonald's drive-thru, and I grabbed two wraps, fries, and a water.  I ate them on my bed back at the hotel and literally crashed.  I had my jeans on and everything.  But I was just done...that was about 1:00 A.M.

What a day.  I hope I have no more like that.  It just wasn't too fun.

I did learn about another exciting opportunity, though.  I have to give it a LOT of thought...we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment