Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home!!!--March 9, 2010

Woke up at 7:20 A.M.  I was really hoping for some weather today, and sure enough, we had it.  The clouds were at 2800 feet at breakfast.  I ate, then went over to the airport.  I was going to do a quick scouting flight, then head up north!!!  I was going HOME!!!  I hopped into my airplane and checked the weather.  ha!  The clouds were now at 900 feet overcast.  So much for that idea!  I couldn't even get up to a normal pattern altitude.  I hopped right back out.  No flying today.

I grabbed a rental car and shot up north.  But not before a quick stop along the way!  I was searching for an oven today on craigslist, and I ended up finding a mannequin instead!  She looked beautiful.  So I made a short 35-minute detour out of my way to pick up Monique.  She rode with me the rest of the way.

I arrived at my NEW HOUSE to meet Mom and Dad at 1:00!!!  Finally!  I was eager to see it.  Frankly, I love it.  I could definitely live there, no problem.  I checked out all of the paint that Mom and my aunt had done, and it all looks good.  I checked out the fridge I bought as well as the washer and dryer.  The washer/dryer set was a bit frustrating as it was advertised as 1 1/2 years old.  It turns out they were 8 and 15 years old respectively.  It made me hate people even more.  I simply lose my trust in humanity more and more every year.  And I hate that.

Mom and I spent the entire day at my house...we went shopping for curtains and mini-blinds.  She kept me busy!  I was so tired!  But it was fun decorating...it's becoming a home!  I brought Monique in where she enjoyed a chair...and where she scared the socks off my mom when we came in from shopping.  She about flipped!  Pretty fun.

I worked on the sliding glass door which was catching.  I checked out the backyard.  I raked up leaves from the front yard.  A house is work!  But I was sure enjoying doing it.  I really was.  I just wish I had a week with this place!  But it's ready to have a room rented out, so that is good.

Mom cooked supper for all of us this evening.  Crazy and my sis and Casey came over.  She is so big!  Only two months left...it seriously looks like a basketball in her tummy!  Crazy stuff.

I invited Chelsea, Jennifer, and Schneider over to my HOUSE during the evening, and we spent a few hours just catching up.  I LOVED it.  I miss good friends.  And I'm pretty close with all three.  So that was great.  I finally had to kick them out at 12:45!!!  I had to sleep!

The weather for tomorrow is forecast to be 2500 scattered at 10:00, then scattered 10,000 at 3:00.  I'm planning on driving back tomorrow mid-morning.

Went to bed VERY tired at 1:00 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment