Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kind of Flying...But Not Really--March 20, 2010

I ended up waking up at 10:00-ish.  I was off and on all morning...not necessarily good sleep.  I finally crawled out of bed at 11:35.  My boss was gone.  I tried calling but got nothing.

I walked across the street for lunch.

I tried calling later, but I still couldn't get ahold of him.

He ended up coming back around 2:30, and basically, he was really tired from pulling a 48-hourer a couple of days ago.  So he headed for the couch for a nap.  I just stayed at the house and waited!

Later this afternoon, we headed to the airplane to give it a test flight.  But the boss wanted to take the controls to make sure everything was fine.  No worries.  He doesn't even have an hour in this plane yet.  I took the right seat, and we flew for about 30 minutes, testing everything out.  Outside of an inoperative clock and the landing gear lever not snapping back into position, the flight was good.  The mechanic went to work right away.

We checked the weather for tomorrow, but it's pretty bad.  A massive cold front is pushing its way through, and it's going to wreak havoc for us.  If we left tomorrow morning, we'd probably not make it the entire way due to freezing levels.  Stupid northeast.  We talked about leaving tonight, but none of us were really ready for that.

So we opted for 2:00 A.M. tomorrow!!!  ARE YOU SERIOUS?!  yikes.  But that's the game plan.  2:00 A.M.  I grabbed some charts, went out to eat, packed what little I had, then headed for bed.  I was in bed at 9:15.  The alarm is set for 1:30...so very not far away.

But I get to fly tomorrow!!!!  Er, tonight?  Tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment