Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to Business--January 1, 2010

Woke up at 8:30 A.M.  It's nice having "window open" be at 9:43.  Grabbed some breakfast, headed for the airport with the shuttle.  I had slept on a roll-away bed...not the most comfortable.  But I was tired.  I slept like a rock.

We had clouds at the airport.  The forecast was calling for them to disappear at noon, but they were literally everywhere at the moment.  At 1600 feet.  Oh boy.

So we sat around at the airport for a couple of hours.  Agh, I hate this.  I hate sitting around, not knowing if I will work or not.  But around 11:30, the clouds started getting thinner and thinner.  I might actually believe the TAF this time.  How 'bout that.  That's a welcome change.

We headed out to the ramp...but I just sat in my airplane.  The clouds weren't budging!!!  GRR!!!  Finally, they were almost gone...I headed for the skies.

I went west and had mostly clear skies.  I had wheels-up at 12:30 P.M.  We had sat around for a few hours.  <sigh>

It was pretty nice, though.  Smooth skies (above 3100 feet).  But I was mapping trees.  Lots of pine trees, a little bit of grass, and a river.  That's it.  No houses really anywhere.  Oh, central Louisiana.  The radio chatter was nice, though.  And by that, I mean it was barely existent.  Going from non-stop Fort Lauderdale nonsense to one or two radio calls an hour was nothing short of spectacular.  It was pretty nice to enjoy quiet.

After 2.6 hours, I landed.  A pretty short day.

And I was hungry.  And I had that "I only ate two granola bars for lunch" headache.  Not good.  Jeff had gone to another airport for oil, so we had to wait on him.  After a half hour, he called and said he was 100 miles out.  See ya.  I asked for a ride to the hotel.  I needed to eat.  And I didn't feel like waiting at least another hour for someone...especially after waiting so much already this morning.  Get me out of the airport!

Headed to the hotel, had that headache, so I fell asleep (on accident, nonetheless).  Woke up and needed food.  Jeff still wasn't here, but we found out he was back.  Ended up waiting for him for another 30 minutes.  GRR.  I need food.

Ended up eating around 7:30 P.M.  I didn't feel good at all.  Ate some Mexican.  Lots of it.

But I felt like crap.

Came back and crashed.  I did NOT feel good.

Went to bed around 8:30-ish.  Headache and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment