Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Day Off...Finally!!! January 14, 2010

Woke up at 8:50.  The latest I could sleep in and still make breakfast before it closed at 9:00!  Strategic move.

Grabbed some breakfast, took a shower, and just chilled in the hotel.  We finally had a weather day!!!  Light rain, low clouds at 2000 feet.  Perfect!  I finally had a day off...after flying more than 20 days in a row.  I was pretty excited.

And I did absolutely nothing!!!!  Which made it even better.

Matt finally woke up around 10:30, and we ended up goin' to Waffle House for lunch.  I grabbed a bowl of chili for 3 bucks.  Hard to beat.  A couple of people came in with applications...not necessarily the most savvy of lookers, and it just made me think.  I am just incredibly grateful to have this job.  I have to be.  It's such a blessing.

We came back to the hotel and had nothing but time on our hands.  I checked out some stocks, moved some money around, and just enjoyed not being a in a tiny chair a mile above the earth.  You have to learn to appreciate these times off.  You never know when you'll get another.

Later in the afternoon, I worked out for about an hour.  I finally weighed myself (in the fitness room) for the first time this season.  I have already gained 10 pounds!!!  In just a lil' over two months!!!  It made working out that much easier.  It's so easy to gain weight.  GRR!!!  I ran a couple of miles, did some push-ups, and powered up the stair climber.  I honestly can't even remember the last time I sweated.  Needless to say, it felt good.  Incredibly painful.  But good.

I went for the hot tub and then the pool...and then the hot tub again after my exercise.

For supper, Matt and I headed back over to IHOP.  I managed to spend nearly $15 there.  I wasn't too excited about that.

I read a little more in Sully's book...I'm enjoying it.  Finally went to bed around 1:15 A.M.  My three or four cups of sweet tea (with one AFTER 8:00!) were runnin' through my veins.  Just before bed, though, I realized that I had transferred too much money over to my stocks...I wasn't goin' to have enough to pay my credit card due on Monday.  I was so mad!  A bone-headed move on my part.  I called both my bank and the broker, but they were both closed.  GRR!

Tomorrow is goin' to be another non-flying day.  Forecast is for 2500 here...and overcast 1500 with rain down around Longview in our next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment