Thursday, January 14, 2010

Didn't Make It--January 13, 2010

Woke up at 8:30 A.M.

Did the normal everyday flying.  I think this is around Day 20 of flying in a row.  Somewhere around there anyway.

I flew a few hours, listened to some music, but found myself unbelievably bored up there today.  This stuff just wears on ya sometimes.  Today was one of those days.  One day is perfect, another day drags on.  This one dragged on!!!

I landed for fuel around 1:30 in Mout Pleasant, Texas.  A very nice little FBO.  Shoot, everything was nice at this airport!  The runway, the guys that fueled me up, the facilites.  A top-notch general aviation airport.  I only wished I could've stayed longer!  But it was a quick turn-around...

The winds were minimal today, so I landed on 17 and took off on 35.  I can get used to that!

Flew another hour or so and head back in to Texarkana.  Matt and I still have 2 1/2 plans left.  About 4 hours worth of work total!!!

But we checked the weather, and the low pressure system is moving in.  We went from 30.61 at the beginning of the day to 30.34 when I landed!  We had high clouds already, but the forecast is for rain and low clouds tomorrow early.  Looks like we're goin' to have to stay here for a few more days!

Went and got a haircut at Wal-Mart tonight.  Had to walk over there...a little over a mile.  The stylist and I had a very easy conversation, so I asked her if she would like to grab a drink later.  She told me she was pregnant.  Awkwardness ensued, and that was the end of that.  Story of my life.

Matt and I walked over to a little Italian restaurant for supper.  A pretty fancy set-up...with cheap prices!  I can handle that.  I downed my spaghetti in just a few minutes.  That was my lunch and supper.  I only had three granola bars (100 calories each!) up until that point.  I was hungry.  A cute owner with an interesting accent...she said it was Macedonian and Italian.  Macedonian, huh?!  I thought that disappeared like 1000 years ago.

Tonight was painfully slow.  The minutes just dragged on.  I was so bored in the hotel, and I hate that.  We are quite limited without a car.  Didn't feel like swimming...or reading...or working out.  I found Days of Thunder on TV but couldn't even finish that.  Just a blah night.

No flying tomorrow.  Goin' to have more time on my hands.  <sigh>

Went to bed at 12:20 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment