Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another One?! Seriously?!--April 9, 2010


Woke up at 6:48 to Mexican music.  I kid you not.  Right by my head.  I couldn't figure out what was going on...but it turned out this Ramada has paper-thin walls.  Probably less than a foot away from my head was a radio blaring Mexican music.  Now granted, it was actually enjoyable music.  BUT NOT AT THIS TIME OF THE DAY.  I tried to go back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening.  FINALLY, I put a pillow over my head and fell back asleep.  I finally woke up again at 8:00...just 20 minutes after going back asleep.

I did the normal morning routine.  Shower, poop, breakfast, talk to Center.  Then I walked over to the airport.  I had to get another dose of oxygen, though, as the canister was gettin' too low for my liking.  So I had to wait about 15 minutes for that.  And then I was off...again!

And oh what a day we had again!  We had some clouds, but they were all up high...around 20,000 feet.  So I had another full day of work.  I flew from 9:30 to about 2:00, then dropped back in to Cheyenne for fuel.  I grabbed the car and headed to Arby's (AGAIN!).  Same ol', same ol'.  Then I came back up and continued on.

I had a crazy productive day, though, finishing four flight plans.  The project (this one) is now 61% complete.  In just two days!!!  Granted, this doesn't even compare to the BIG Denver project, but it's a start.  (This project is 23 hours while the big Denver one is around 92).  !!!  Needless to say, I'll be here awhile!

I landed back at Centennial.  I had such a better day today, though.  I just felt great at altitude...I sure didn't yesterday.  So it made it go by so much better.  I was amongst the arriving traffic at Denver, but the controllers were just great.  It's so enjoyable when they work with you.  It was almost a perfect day!  And I had logged another 8.1 hours!!!

16.5 hours in just two days!  This is crazy!  And it's multi-time!!!  It's hard to believe.  I am so blessed!!!

I walked over to the hotel, did the paperwork, then headed out to Olive Garden with Tammi.  We had such a great time.  Our waiter was hilarious, and we just both enjoyed gettin' out.  Me out of the hotel.  She out with someone she knows.  It was just a welcome relief for both of us.

Back in at the hotel by 9:45.  In bed by 11:10.  Tomorrow's forecast is callin' for clouds at 4,000 feet scattered.  Believe it when I see it.  Though I am ready for a break!!!  And if all goes well, I'm plannin' on headin' to a Rockies game tomorrow with Ryne!!!  Real excited about that.

C'mon, clouds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment