Friday, April 23, 2010

Thunderstorms and Such--April 22, 2010


Woke up at 10:20 A.M.  I was STOKED!!!  I certainly needed to sleep in!!!

I had missed breakfast, so I walked over to the airport to grab the car and head out to eat around noon.  Two of the pilots decided to go with...two of the guys from late last night.  Basically, one was very apologetic, although he didn't remember much about last night.  I don't get that lifestyle.  He mentioned a couple of things that he MAY have done...pretty sure that he did...but he was disgusted by them.  Um, YEAH.  I just don't get it.  He asked me if I thought he was fired.  I said certainly not.

We went out to Quizno's, then headed back to the hotel after that.  And that's when I found out I was way wrong.  I think that's all I'll say about that one.  What an interesting day.

We had severe thunderstorms poppin' up all around again, and I opted to go chasing this time.  I LOVE this stuff.  We had a nasty storm producing tornadoes a couple hours to the southeast, and I think I would have gone if I had my own car!  But alas, I didn't, so I stayed within a couple of miles.  But it was still a good show...I had some small hail, gorgeous clouds, cold rain, and then SLUSH!!!  It basically looked like almost-formed hail, but it didn't have enough time.  It looked exactly like a switch over from rain to snow in the winter...and it is late April!!!  It started accumulating at the bottom of the windows!  I eventually got caught in the rain, so I headed back.

The east side of Colorado was gettin' lit up, though.  Several tornado reports were coming in.  Some pretty nasty stuff out there.  It somewhat cleared up after the storm passed through, and we decided to go scouting today.  I wanted to go as soon as possible, because there were more storms to the south that I could see.  So I headed over with Kenton, and I took him up in the Aztec.  I'm all about sharing some time!  We only flew 0.6, but we could see the rain all around!  To the north, the east, and the over the mountains!!!  It's fun to teach others a new airplane.

The rest of the day was pretty simple.  I worked out for the first time in a long time.  A little bit of running, some push-ups, curls, and sit-ups.  Pretty simple, but GOOD.  It felt great to work out again.  I need it more.  A few of us went out to eat at a Mediterranean grill, then came back and played SEVERAL games of pool in the bar downstairs!  I didn't have any drinks, but I was having a great time.  We have one of the Pictometers here, too, so we played some games with her.

I went for a short walk due to boredom and energy around 11:00, but I was crazy tired at 11:30.  I guess it helped.  I was in bed at 12:15 A.M.  Tomorrow is lookin' like nothin' but rain.

As a side note, my mind is totally racked almost all day, every day.  I have a HUGE decision to make.  Basically, I'm toyin' with stayin' with the company long-term...or chasin' a jet job somewhere.  What to do, what to do.  It's all I think about.  It's goin' to alter my life quite a bit...whichever way I choose.  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment