Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time to Explore!!!--April 16, 2010

DSC00020

Woke up at 7:45.

I opened up the windows, and the skies looked great.  CRAP.  We were definitely NOT planning on flying today, but that's just how it goes.  We got ready to head to the airport.  But the clouds started poppin' up in that short time!!!  I was soooooo excited!

So we ended up grabbin' the courtesy car and headed for the mountains.  We headed up to Golden, Colorado, to take a tour of the Coors factory.  It was a pretty short drive.  The tour itself was pretty nice.  It's a pretty fancy place!!!  I am thoroughly amazed at automation, and this plant was no exception.  They were pumping out hundreds (if not thousands) of 24-packs every hour.  It was really crazy to see.  I've never seen a beer factory, and it was certainly educational.  So big!  We ate lunch in downtown Golden after that...it was nice to have a change.  I would have probably never come up here by myself, so it was nice to have the encouragement/company to do that.

We drove up in the mountains after we toured the factory, and we ended up top at Buffalo Bill's grave.  It was pretty lame.  I don't even know who the guy is.  I was walking back down the path from the grave, and we would have had an amazing view except for SEVERAL huge TV towers right there on the hill.  I said out loud, "I hate America," in reference to that very sight.  A woman walking up the hill didn't miss a beat.  "THEN LEAVE IT."  Whoa whoa whoa, woman!!!  I literally stopped in my tracks and turned around and watched her walk up the bath, my mouth wide open.  I couldn't believe it!  Frankly, I could care less what she said, and I was admittedly kind of proud of her for having the gall to say that!!!  But it was nothing short of surprising!!!  ha!  As I stared, I think she felt it, because she explained herself to her husband.  "He said he hates AMERICA, so I said LEAVE IT!"  Mike was dying laughing.  I just stared.  And threw a snowball up in that direction.

Oh, Americans.

On the way down the mountain, we stopped to take a hike.  Mike ended up sayin' "no" to the idea, but I was eager to have some type of activity in my life.  I went on up the hill!  Frankly, it hurt terribly, and I realized just how out of shape I am.  My heart was beating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe!!!  But it was still enjoyable.  I really miss working out.  Outside.  Being in shape.  Having endurance.  I really need to get on that.  I took a couple pictures, called Jennifer, and then came back down.  Then we headed back to Denver.

I took a wrong turn on the way back, and I ended up driving over an hour to get back!  It should have only taken a half-hour!  Oh well.  We had nothing better to do.

I was so tired from waking up early, though.  I ended up sleeping for 2.5 hours back at the hotel.  I simply needed it.  I woke up, and we headed out to Wal-Mart.  We weren't overly hungry, but we made the poor decision of going out to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant.  It was certainly good, but my body is in danger right now.  I know I'm not goin' to last very long.  And I just ate too much.  Especially after the huge burger this morning.  Bleh.  I hate making stupid decisions.  I shouldn't have eaten anything.  <sigh>

We came back to the hotel, and I ended up talkin' to Jessica for about an hour again.  She's so cute.

I was in bed at 12:30 A.M.  I'm hopin' for rain and clouds tomorrow morning.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment