Monday, April 26, 2010

No Flying Here--April 24, 2010

Woke up at 9:35.  Went down to see if breakfast was still goin' on.  Nope.

Out of curiosity, I checked the snow totals in our county.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  We had anywhere from 9 to 17 inches in the hill country.  RIGHT in our flight plans.  I didn't want to say it, because I knew we would have to move if the management knew, but I'm pretty sure this just solidified the fact that this project is going to get scrapped.  That is just way too much to disappear anytime soon.  Unbelievable.  The hills are crazy white, though.  Just like that.

Ended up goin' out with the guys around lunchtime for some trivia.  The weather was crappy again with low clouds.  It was ridiculously cold, too.  So we headed to Dirk's for some lunch and trivia.  We ended up stayin' there for a couple of hours...maybe more?!  Too long, that's for sure.  It was pretty fun, although the chili on top of pasta was startin' to kick my butt.

We came back to the hotel for a little over an hour, and I watched some of the weather around the country.  The south is getting hit with tornadoes, and Crazy called me and said they had a warning, too!  Sure enough, about 20 miles south of Mom and Dad's house was a tornado warning.  Agh, I want to chase!!!  Oh well.  We then headed out to hang with my friend and her boyfriend...the same ones we went out to eat with last night.  We had been invited over just to hang out.  It was a lot of fun...I wasn't even sure if the guys were goin' to go, but all but one took me up on the offer!  I was thrilled.  So we went over to Tammi's and hung out for the next several hours!  She had made deviled eggs, Italian beef, and dip!  The guys had me stop at a liquor store on the way over, and we each brought some beer.  It was a pretty fun night.  She had some of her friends from work over, too.  One of them was stinkin' cute, but she was older and had 3 kids.  And I had a large beard that she didn't like, so that went nowhere real fast.  After a couple of hours, though, we decided to head out, so we went out for some karaoke at a Mexican restaurant!

And that was certainly interesting!  Almost all of us sang!  I couldn't believe it...I'm usually with a group of timid folks!  But not this time.  Shoot, I even went up and sang for the first time in over 10 years.  I'm pretty sure I was terrible, but you'll have that.  Actually, I REALLY DO think I was terrible...I have one sound, and I don't really move up and down on the notes very well.  Oh well.

After the karaoke shut down (we shut it down), we went back over to the apartment and hung out for about 40 more minutes.  Then we headed back to the hotel.  This is one of the guys' last nights, so we bid him farewell in the elevator.  Crazy how that works.

I was so tired I headed right for bed when I got back.  Ended up bein' around 12:30 A.M.  Alarm is set for 9:00 A.M.  We should be able to fly tomorrow, but because of the snow, it will only be a scouting flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment