Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back in Business--April 1, 2010

DSC09849

Woke up at 8:30.  And, boy, that sure wasn't happening.  I was in a funk.  I went pee, then hopped right back into bed...and even fell asleep again.  I don't understand how I was so tired after eight hours of sleep.  But I woke up again around 9:00-ish.  I went and grabbed some breakfast, then came back to the room.

The camera was delivered at 9:30, so I grabbed a ride to the airport.

I spent about 30 minutes installing the camera, and then I was off for the skies around 11:00 A.M.  I was able to finish a couple of flight plans, but it was getting crazy bumpy.  Even for the twin.  So I flew over to Toledo to get a calibration field done before the turbulence became too much.  But I pretty much knew the day was shot.  I landed around 2:00 over in Toledo, and I grabbed the courtesy car and headed for lunch.

I tried to continue a flight plan I had started after I flew back from Toledo, but it just wasn't goin' to happen.  Frankly, the flight back at 3500 feet was rather uncomfortable.  I HATE turbulence.  You just deal with it (not much else you can do), but it is just so annoying.

I came back in to Lorain County and had winds at 14 gusting to 22.  I had a terrible approach (I overshot the final), but I brought it back around.  I landed and was thrilled to call it a day.  I was tired, beat up, and just exhausted.  I had only flown 3.7 hours, too.  It was just one of those days.

I didn't have a ride back to the hotel, so I had to wait until 6:00 for one of the ladies at the FBO to take me.  I tried to nap, and I almost went under, but some people walked in and woke me up.  Oh well.

Went to the mall for supper.  Spent the night inside tonight.

The good news is the weather is still fantastic.  It was around 70 degrees today.  Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 77.  I have about 6.5 hours worth of work left.  And most of it is probably going to have to take place before 1:00 P.M. every day.  The bumps just get too crazy.  I'm hopin' to get most of it done tomorrow...

But we'll see what happens.

Mom called and said I have a "roommate" now, too.  He moved in today.  I'm pretty excited (and a bit nervous!) about that.  But he paid today for the following month, so that is great!  It's kind of nice!  I hope it stays nice...

Talked to Jennifer for about an hour tonight.  Gettin' into the nitty gritty now.  Ruh roh.

Went to bed at 11:50.

Alarm is set for 7:45.  I am hoping to be on station at 9:30.  Actually in the sky ready to take pictures.  I am ready to move on to a different state for sure.  Let's get this project done already!

No comments:

Post a Comment