Thursday, May 27, 2010

Already Put to Work!!!--May 18, 2010

Woke up not sure what time it was…I checked.  It was only 6:56 A.M.  NOT cool!!!  I was having pretty vivid dreams, and so I knew I was still tired, but my sister’s room was sooooo bright!  Sun was coming in from everywhere!!!  But I went back to sleep…I knew I had to.

I eventually woke up at 8:30…even though my alarm was still set for 9:00.

I grabbed some breakfast, then Dad and I headed out to get plates for my “new” truck.  I was eager to drive it, but since it wasn’t yet registered, he said we better take the car.  So we did.  And, boy, was I ever surprised at the cost!!!  The last time I registered a vehicle I had to pay $78.00 for license and title and $25.00 for tax.  Well, that has shot up.  WAY up.  I had to fork over $194.00 for the license and title and still $25.00 for the tax.  I was shocked.  I really don’t trust other people with my money, and I HAVE to wonder exactly where these fees are going.  I mean, seriously.  It was just a few short years ago that the cost was $48.00.  I remember it jumping to $78.00!  And now $194.00?!  What is going on here?  Seriously, WHAT is going on here?  I often wonder.  I just don’t trust people anymore.

From there we headed over to my house.  Frankly, I was a bit nervous.  You just never know when you have someone else living in your home!!!  But I was pleasantly surprised to find the house in near-perfect order.  It smelled clean, AND it was in fantastic shape!  I was thrilled.  Outside of one light being left on, it was exactly as I would have liked it.  I can get used to this tenant thing if this is how they are going to be!!!  I walked throughout the house and tried to figure out what I needed to do in the upcoming summer.  The inside was pretty good…I’ll probably replace a bathroom floor, but that’s about it.  Everything else looks great.  Outside was a different story.  I have a pretty rough yard with poor grass (i.e. weeds) and volunteer trees and just unkempt landscaping.  It’s a mess.  It definitely needs some attention, and frankly, I am eager to give it some!  I’m excited about that part!

We only stayed there for about 15 minutes, but I wanted to see my niece!  So we headed over to my sister’s house to see the baby!!!  She is sooooooooooo tiny!!!  Seriously, it’s just like a miniature version of a person!  It’s crazy!  But she is so cute and funny!  I loved it!

While there, Dad wanted to start the electrical work for a garbage disposal they just purchased.  So we started on that…it wasn’t too awful bad, but it was time-consuming as most electrical projects are.  Well, as we got into it, I said we might as well just complete the whole project.  He really wasn’t planning on that, and rightly so, for it looked like it was going to be a bear.  But I knew that if I didn’t help out that it might not get done OR it might not get done correctly.  So we made the “switch” in our minds that we would tackle this thing.  And, oh, how long that was.  We started around 10:00 A.M.  I wanted to be done by 3:00.  Dad said we would go into the evening…

Well, Dad, you were right.  We didn’t finish up until around 5:30.  It wasn’t too terrible, but it DID present some challenges, frustrations, and car trips.  We had to make two runs to the store, and while Dad was working on the electrical, I had to get creative with the plumbing.  But in the end, it all worked out.  Actually, I kind of enjoyed it.  I don’t mind plumbing.  Dad HATES it.  Passionately.  But it was a challenge, and it took some creativity and workmanship to get it done.  I enjoy that.

So my sister now has a working garbage disposal.  Yesterday she didn’t.  Today she does.  I love it!

Mom came by around 5:30 with KFC, so we all ate that.  And she had good news.  She had called me earlier to let me know that she had my luggage!  She had a meeting up in Bloomington today, and my luggage had arrived.  So she brought that down for me…that was a relief.  Now I can put on some deodorant!!!

I also received a VERY important phone call from the boss.  Basically, the guy that is flying my airplane right now said he would be willing to fly it into the summer.  So in essence, IF I don’t want to go back, I don’t have to!  It is soooooooooooo weird knowing that…having that decision.  I told him I refused to make the decision over the phone.  I wanted time to think about it.  But it’s kind of what I wanted!  I am just tired of flying lines, it’s late in the season (past my contract date), and I’m eager to relax.  But at the same time, I don’t have a whole lot of connections here, the money would be good (even if for a couple of weeks), and it would get me more multi time to fly some more.  What to do!!!  I am definitely going to have to chew on this one for a few days.

We went home, and I instantly hopped in my truck.  I wanted to see how she ran!  She started right up, and I took her for a 6-mile drive with Dad.  No real problems that I could see!  She ran just fine.  It did die on me once, but that was OK.  I didn’t mind.  Ha!  It is one bumpy ride, though!!!  Hey, what do you expect for a $900 truck?!  I’m thrilled with it.

I came back and spent the rest of the night at Mom and Dad’s house.  I watched the birds outside, talked finances with Dad, checked out my truck engine, and tried to find a movie to watch.  That didn’t pan out, so I headed for bed.

I was in bed at 11:20 P.M.  Alarm is set for 7:30!!!  I’ve got a lot of work to do tomorrow!

Oh, and I lost a couple thousand more in the stock market today.  VISA is getting hammered.  I’m down quite a bit in just two weeks…it’s crazy frustrating!  I just wish I had more to invest for times like these.  Ha!  I guess we’ll see what happens in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment