Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last-Minute Work and Friends--May 24, 2010

Woke up at 8:00 AM.  Ate two granola bars, then headed outside to do some yard work.  I mowed my yard, and I must say it looks great!  I really enjoy this yard.  I then used a hoe to take out several of the thistle plants growing in the yard.  And then I took a sprayer and sprayed weed killer on the entire yard.  It took awhile, but I’m hopin’ to get it lookin’ nice!  I’m kind of excited!  It was getting hot out, so I wanted to get all of that done this morning.  I also pulled apart the weedeater to figure out what is wrong with it.  I can’t figure it out!

Then I called Dad and invited him out to lunch.  We went to McDonald’s for a quick bite to eat.  From there I drove back home, then picked up Schneider’s lawnmower and the weedeater and headed for the north side of Springfield.  I stopped at Wal-Mart first and bought over $60 worth of house items!  Laundry detergent, hand soap, cleaning spray, toilet paper holders, bathroom rug and more!  A house is expensive!  But it’s kind of fun, too!  I then went over to Big R and picked up a carb kit for the mower and inquired about the weedeater.  The guys say it sounds like the shaft is broke somewhere.  Hmm.  I told him I checked the end that went to the engine, but he suggested checking the other end.  Very well then.  I also asked about a job while there, but no such luck.

So I went home and put the carb kit in.  It took about 15 minutes.  And the mower runs PERFECT!!!  Never missed a beat.  A quick $5 fix.  Beautiful.  I then pulled out the shaft of the weedeater, and sure enough, it was all gnarled up.  Well, there ya go!  So I called and had one ordered.

I cleaned the house for the guests tonight, and then I went for a quick lil’ run around the neighborhood.  Just two laps…maybe a mile?  Basically, I saw a ridiculously attractive girl running, and so it was motivation enough for me.  I came back, showered, and headed for my friend’s house.

I ate with the Metz’s at 6:30 and ended up staying there until 9:00.  It’s so nice having friends again!  We had a pretty nasty pop-up thunderstorm, and a branch fell on the neighbor’s garage, and we heard it!  But it was beautiful!  Lightning everywhere!

I then hurried home to my guests at my house!  Boogs, Casey, Crazy, Schneider, and J-N.  Most of them stayed until 12:45.  We talked, ate cookie dough and cupcakes, and just enjoyed each other.  It was a WELCOME gift to have.  I really really really LOVE having this house!  I can sure get used to it.

I myself was in bed at 1:15.  Alarm is set for 9:00.

I’ll be leaving around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon to head for St. Louis.  And it’s goin’ to be 16 days instead of 15!  My relief pilot’s birthday is on June 10, so I can’t take that from him!  I talked to him today, and he said it was snowing out there today!  Ha!  16 days.  Hopefully only 5 of those involve flying?!

Let the countdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment