Thursday, May 27, 2010

Early Vacation!!!--May 17, 2010

Woke up at 7:00 A.M.  Took a shower, grabbed some breakfast, then headed over to the airport.  I was feeling overly tired, though, and I wasn’t sure why.  I just slept for 8 hours!!!  I don’t get my body sometimes.

Kenton was going to fly with me today.  Basically, all of his low plans still had snow in them, and so it would be worthless for him to go out there when he could go up with me and get trained some more in the Aztec.  So that’s what we did.  And what a beautiful day it was!!!

I never thought I would say that here in Denver, but the winds were mild at 13,500 feet…out of the northwest.   And the air was SMOOTH!!!  Agh, I wish EVERY day could be like this!!!  It was a joy to fly.  Ok, so I didn’t really do any flying, but still.  Actually, it was pretty nice to just sit there.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not, but I certainly didn’t mind!!!  And on top of that, it is just sooooo much nicer having someone else in the airplane with you.  Makes the day go by much quicker.

We ended up flying 4.2 hours…the most we’ve flown in weeks.  Between the two Aztecs, we finished five flight plans…again, another record I think in weeks.  So it WAS a productive day.  It’s about time!

While we were flying, we learned from Pete on the ground that Kenton would be taking my Aztec to Utah that day.  Pete would stay in Denver, and I would get to fly out early for vacation tomorrow.  I like it!  We ended up landing around 12:45 due to clouds, and that’s exactly what the plan was.

But I was eager to see something else…if I didn’t have an airplane, AND if tomorrow was going to be bad weather (thunderstorms all day), then could I get a flight out TODAY?!  I checked the times, and a flight was leaving Denver at 3:00 and would have me in Bloomington tonight at 8:30.  I made a phone call, and my wish was granted!!!  But did I have to scramble!  I grabbed some things out of the Aztec, then said a quick, awkward, and very sad (for me) good-bye to Tessa.  It was very awkward…and hard.  But it is what it is.  I then hurried over to the hotel!!!  I walked in at 1:16, and I was in the car at 1:30, all packed and ready to go!  I had a flight to catch!

Pete dropped off Kenton at the airport, then drove up to the big one.  My ticket wasn’t even purchased yet because it was within two hours of the flight.  So it was merely “held” for me.  We arrived at 2:06, and I went to check in.  The guy said I had to check in inside, and he told me to hurry!  So I did!  And I got a woman who was NOT very happy with me.  She was crazy stressed out, saying she had three minutes to get my bags and payment into the system.  She was seriously taking this one a bit too hard!  She says this is why she hates her job…because of the stress.  Sorry, lady!  I kept making jokes and laughing about it, but she just wasn’t having it!

But I was in!  Woo hoo!

I made the flight no problems and spent the next several hours playing the commercial airlines game.  Not too fun.  I was wedged between two others on a packed flight to Chicago, then grabbed a quick McDonald’s meal, then hopped on a (supposed to be ) 25-minute flight to Bloomington.  But, boy, did I have gas.  I mean, I was dying inside.  I had been dropping bombs the previous flight, but they didn’t smell.  But all of a sudden, I was just rancid.  In the terminal, I was dying in my own funk.  It was bad.  I was sitting next to someone on the second flight, though, and I refused to release the poison.  So I held it in.  But oh, how it hurt!  It was HUGE.  As soon as I got off the airplane, I let her rip, though.  And it just didn’t stop.  AT ALL.

I greeted my dad with some gas.  And some more.  And some more.  And I waited for my bag on the carousel.  It went around and around, but it never came.  You have got to be kidding me.  <sigh>  Sure enough, it wasn’t there.  So I had to file a claim…the airlines can be so annoying and frustrating sometimes.  I now have no clothes, no toothbrush, no deodorant…AND there wasn’t even a record of where the bag was in the system.  I’m not too optimistic.

So I left the airport empty-handed.  But I still had that unbelievable gas.  I mean, they were just HUGE and long farts!  It was almost crazy!  Dad had the window down most of the time.  And then I had a problem…the fart was no longer just a fart.  Or remotely close to it.  I was about to poop my pants.  AND I COULDN’T HOLD IT.  Something was happening inside, and it wasn’t healthy.

I could not even make this up if I tried.  I was in the left lane, and I whipped the car over to the right lane and dove into a parking lot.  I threw the car into park as I braked, so quickly that it made the weird gear-grinding noise.  I WAS NOT SURE IF I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT.  I jumped out of the car and dropped my drawers.  We were only a mile from a gas station, but I had no other option.  I just wasn’t going to make it…I wasn’t even sure if I would get out of the car quick enough.  And so right there, in front of some business, I unleashed my fury.  Frankly, it was disgusting.  A huge mess of diarrhea crap.  And it smelled terribly.

And I felt terrible.  I mean, I was hurting.  I limped back to the car, but I couldn’t even sit down.  I had to lay butt-up in the back seat as Dad took me to the gas station.  I walked tippy-toe into the gas station and found the bathroom.  I dropped my dirty drawers and just purged my body.  I seriously lost just about everything in me.  It was horrendous.  But I was empty!  There wasn’t ANYTHING left inside.  I don’t know if it was food poisoning or what, but WOW.  I never want to experience that again.  It was atrocious.

I grabbed a Gatorade to replenish my fluids, and we were off for home!

I arrived in Springfield around 10:30 and spent the next half hour or so talking with Mom and Dad.

And then I started winding down.  But as I was getting ready for bed, Rubes called me.  He had nearly cut off his finger.  True story.  He was on his way to the hospital, and though as tempting as it was, I had to pass.  I needed sleep.  I guess he’ll be gettin’ married with a cast on his finger.  Ha!

But he said he just HAD to call me and share.  I returned the favor with my poop story.  It was good to hear from him.

I was in bed at 11:55 P.M. (Central time).  No worries about flying tomorrow, either.  Tomorrow is going to be a day for me.  And I’m pretty stinkin’ excited about that.

Alarm is set for 9:00 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment