Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wasting My Life?--May 10, 2010

Woke up at 9:00 A.M.  Actually, I woke up at 8:30, but I didn't get out of bed until 9:00.  I didn't want to.  The lack of sleep from two nights ago had caught up with me.  But I wanted to grab some breakfast...so I headed downstairs before it closed.  The other two guys were out...and no surprise there.  They had run up a $125 bar tab last night.

So I went downstairs and then waited for the other guys to wake up.  The skies were fairly clear from what I could see, but the reporting stations were telling a different story.  Low fog up in the Denver area and low clouds out to the west.  Looks like we won't be flying after all.  They finally woke up but were moving slowly.  I was eager to go get the scouting flight out of the way, but they were VERY slow.

Finally around 11:00-ish we headed over to the airport.  I took Kenton up with me for training again.  He sat left seat while I watched and taught.  We did three take-offs and landings...he's definitely getting better.  We only logged 0.8 total, though.  We came in and waited for the other guy to get in.  But he had an alternator problem, so we left for the hotel.  He still never came back, so we went for Panera at 1:30.

We came back and waited on him in the parking lot.  And then a pretty funny story happened.  Right behind me a cab pulled up and was droppin' a guy off.  It was bright orange.  Well, the guy was payin' the taxi fare, and so they sat there for probably 45 seconds to a minute (if that).  Well, in that time, another car came and pulled up behind the cab.  And he honked his horn!  I thought it silly.  It's a cab, just wait!  And then he honked AGAIN!!!  How ridiculous.  It was seriously just a few seconds.  Well, the guy paid and got out, and the taxi left.  AND THEN!!!  A woman had walked out of the restaurant, and I saw the guy start to break.  I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen.  So I leaned over and said to Kenton, "Watch this."

And with that, I threw the car in reverse and backed up.  Then I got right behind the guy as his wife was getting in the car, and you know it, I HONKED MY HORN!!!  Oh, I loved it!!!  He finally pulled up (it took just a couple of seconds) and had to stop at the stop sign, and he just couldn't hold it anymore.  So he yelled out his window, "RELAX!!!"  Without missing a beat, I piped back out of my already-rolled down window, "YOU, TOOOOOO!!!"  haha!!!!  And with that, he pulled forward and he let me know he thought I was number ONE.  :)

Seriously, folks, if you're goin' to be stupid, then I am going to treat you stupid.  The road goes both ways.  What a schmuck.

We spent the afternoon inside, and the cabin fever started kicking in.  Basically, I piddled around on the internet.  I found a house I liked, and so I called the bank and my realtor, but wouldn't ya know it, they won't give me another loan.  Not a chance, she said.  I knew it was a losing battle, but I said "So I can pay cash for this house in full but I can't even get a loan"?  Um, yeah, that makes sense.  I really, really hate banks.  I hate the system.

Just to get out of the hotel, I went out for BBQ at 6:20.  But I was soon back at the hotel.

I tried the internet again, but I was quickly finding the end of it.  I hate it sometimes.  I watched a special on Sam Walton and then wasted the night away.  I did apply for another airline, though.  Not sure where that is going to lead, but I'm just kind of tired of flying lines.

Didn't really talk to the two girls I made cry yesterday.  I guess I have to cut my losses.

Ended up going to bed at midnight.  Alarm is set for 9:00.  Basically, the next couple of days are going to be crappy.  Rain and low clouds.  We're even expectin' snow showers tomorrow evening.  Oh, Denver.

But they keep on paying me.  And so I guess I'll keep on taking it.

But what in the world am I going to do with all of my time?  I'm not too excited to think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment