Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Family and Friends Round--May 20, 2010

Woke up at 8:00 A.M.  Grabbed a granola bar (I really need to get some food in this house) and took a shower.  Kirk called me about 10 after and reminded me that he needed to be picked up from the truck accessory store.  I went ahead and hung up a bird house that I had made last year as well as put up the bird feeder I bought last night.

About 10 till, I headed for the shop.  It was raining outside, and I was surprised to find out that I only had one windshield wiper!  Ha!  This truck DOES have character!!!  I was humored.  The one that it did have was on my side, though, so I didn’t have any problems.  I was pretty anxious to pick Jobu up to see what his reaction would be.  And he didn’t disappoint!!!  Haha.  I’m laughing just typing this…it was pretty humorous.  He pretty much insisted that I stop at Wal-Mart to get TWO windshield wipers because he could never tell if we were on the road or not!  So I did.  Another expense for the truck, but that’s fine…the truck has been driving nice!!!  I’m excited about that!

We went to my house afterwards and just hung out.  Dad met us over there, and then Boogs came by and picked us up.  Then we headed to Lincoln in the Ford Escort…5 deep!  I sat in the back with Boogs, and I tell ya, that lil’ baby is cute!!!  It’s fun just watching her!  She slept the entire time.

We met Grandma and Grandpa and Bob up at Culver’s and stayed there about an hour.  It was nice to see everyone, though I didn’t really talk to Grandma and Grandpa as much as I would have liked.  I don’t know…they were on the end of the table, and we seemed to have stories all on our own!  They didn’t seem to mind, though, and I suppose they didn’t…but I’m just eager to spend as much time with them as I can.  I just don’t know how many more days like that we’re going to have.  I love ‘em to death.

We drove back down to Springfield and dropped Jobu off at his house, then me off at my house.  Dad headed for home, as did Boogs, and I headed inside.  It was around 3:00 o’clock.  It was still pretty yuck outside, so I just loafed around the house.  And boy oh boy, I tell you, I don’t think this is going to be able to last very long.  I didn’t really have anything to do…I had no internet, I tried the TV which I usually don’t watch but couldn’t pick up ANY channels (I later found out…i.e. was reminded…from Dad that everything has gone digital now…you can’t just pick up channels anymore).  Yeah, about that.  But I was pretty bored…lonely? I headed for Mom and Dad’s house for supper that I had been invited to.  Basically, left-overs from last night.  Mom had gone up to visit her mom, so it was just Dad and me.  And we cleaned up shop!  Ha!  I stayed there for awhile…and ranted about lots.  Grr…I think I was complaining again.  I was checking out internet prices, and they are just outrageous.  Like silly outrageous.  The cheapest I can find is $40/month…any package deal with TV is $100/month.  And that is just for six months!!!  Wow.  I’m just thinkin’ long-term, and 20 years down the road, I’m not sure I want to say I spent $20,000 on TV and internet.  <sigh>  But I ALSO looked at a house online, and it looks like it could be a money-maker.  So as Dad reminded me, the internet could pay for itself in one transaction.  So true, so true.

GRR!!!  I think I’m goin’ to have to get somethin’.

Schneider called me at 7:45 and said he was near my house!  Agh!  He was supposed to give me a heads-up!  So I hurried on back to my house, taking some blankets from Mom and Dad’s house…I have so much stuff there, so I’m goin’ to try to take something EVERY time!

I met Schneider at my house, and we went to work right away on a mower he had brought to me.  I opened it up and cleaned the carburetor.  The air cleaner was BLACK, so I said we needed one of those, so we headed to Wal-Mart (fail) and then to Menards (win).  We came back, installed it, and fired it up.  But it was doing the exact same thing.  I hate when that happens!  I pulled off the spark plug and cleaned it up, but it was past 9:00, and I didn’t want to run engines with the neighbors around.  So we came inside.  I’ll have to work on it when I get back from the wedding.

We grabbed one of my roommate’s movies (National Treasure 2).  I didn’t think I had seen it, and sure enough, I hadn’t seen the first half.  But as it progressed, I recognized the rest of it.  I ended up falling asleep somewhere between 11:00 and midnight.  I woke up to see Schneider off at 11:52.

I brushed my teeth and headed straight for bed.  It was midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment