Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Put Me Out of My Misery!!!--May 3, 2010

Woke up at 9:00.  The other guys had gone to scout, but my airplane was still in pieces.  I felt a little bit better, but that didn't last very long.  Right after breakfast and takin' a shower, my nose started to run again.  And it never really stopped.  I headed over to the airport to help Danny put the cowlings back on.  And what a miserable experience that was.  They just weren't going back on easily AT ALL.

We spent an hour and a half on just ONE panel...and we were all frustrated (Jensen was there, too).  So we broke for lunch and ate at Quizno's.  We ran a couple of errands after that, and that included me giving in and buying some medicine.  The sad part?  I couldn't take any until after I flew!  And I was seriously feeling terrible.  My nose was running uncontrollably, I was sneezing like crazy, and I just felt miserable.  I HATE being sick.  But no medicine until after I flew!  Ridiculous!  So we headed back to the airport to continue putting my plane back together.

And that's what I did for the rest of the afternoon.  We finally had the plane put back together around 4:00 o'clock.  I tell you, a man does a REALLY extensive pre-flight after a 100-hour inspection!!!  I fine-tooth combed that puppy!  But all looked well.  So I took Jensen, Danny, and myself up for a little test flight.  And I tell you what, I had the time of my life.  It's been awhile since I've actually really enjoyed a flight, but this kind of hit the spot.  There is just something about flying OTHER people.  WITH other people!  I don't know, I just enjoyed it.  Frankly, it WAS a bit bumpy, especially close to the foothills, but I had a couple of others to "enjoy" that with!  We did a quick 45-minute flight, but it was nice.  And the other guys seemed to enjoy it, especially our mechanic.  I said we would be remiss to bring him out to Denver and just leave him to work in the hangar.  He HAD to see the mountains up close.  He said he loved it.

I came back to the hotel after that, and I stayed there the rest of the night.  I was feeling pretty bad.  I finally took the medicine, I ate supper downstairs, and my body just started shutting down.  Quick.  I retired from the restaurant and headed up to my bed.  I ended up falling asleep at 9:00.  I was so tired.

Tomorrow is lookin' pretty brutal.  Winds are supposed to be around 50 knots at altitude.  Definitely not a day to image.  We'll see if we get a scouting flight in or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment