Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back to Work...--May 23, 2010

Woke up at 10:00 A.M.  Grabbed a granola bar, took a shower, then headed for church.  I saw a couple of people I knew there, and we set up a time to get together tomorrow.  So that was nice.

I headed out to Mom and Dad’s for our typical Sunday after church meal.  The rest of the family was there, too, so it was good to see them.  I stayed there until 2:00, working on a baby swing (it only needed batteries we found out after an hour’s worth of work), and packing up some more stuff in my truck.

Then Dad, Casey, and I headed over to my house to do some spring cleaning in my yard!  I started chopping away branches left and right.  And they just kept piling up!  We filled up my truck bed pretty quickly, but we had a whole other tree to go.  This place has just been unkempt for awhile.  We chopped and piled for a couple of hours.  The yard looks so much better now, but I still have a ton of work to do!  I am loving the house thing, though.  It’s so much fun.

We headed over to Casey’s house after that for some more work!  I had to leave early, though, to return my tuxedo by 6:00.  So I headed to the mall to do that, came back to my house and showered, and then headed BACK to Mom and Dad’s house for a grilled meal!  I can get used to this!  I stayed there for just under two hours, then eagerly headed back to my house.

But once I got here, I was fairly bored again.  Ha!  It’s goin’ to be interesting to see how I deal with this whole living by myself thing!  With no TV or internet AND it being dark outside, there’s just not much to do!  I received a couple of phone calls, though, so I took care of those.  I ended up being on the phone for nearly an hour and a half.

And one of those was with my boss.  I told him I would be going back for 2 ½ weeks.  Basically, he already assumed that, so there really wasn’t a question to answer, but it’s good to know myself!  I’ve been chewing on that for awhile now…whether to go back or not.  I even made a list of pro’s and con’s tonight!  Basically, I would be getting 30-50 more multi-engine hours, another $3500 (before expenses), and I could get my currency up to date in terms of instrument flying (I need to get my six approaches in).  The other side involved me staying here and working at home…taking care of my house, finding a job (maybe) for the summer, finding friends, and being happy!  Ha!  I mean, I’m not thrilled about going back out on the road again, but in the same breath, I don’t have a whole lot going on back here anyway.  So I might as well stay busy, get more flight time, and get some money to hold me through over the summer.  I think it’s a good decision.

Plus…I told my boss I am looking at June 10-15 for my departure.  But I’ll just say June 10.  So I leave on Tuesday, May 25.  That gives me 15 days more.  I think I can handle that.  It’s a mental game…but it makes SO MUCH DIFFERENCE having the end in sight.

15 days.  A little more flying.

And then I’m back for good.

I’m ok with that.  I really am.

Went to bed at 11:30.  Alarm is set for 8:00.  I’ve got plenty of work to do in the next two days before I leave!!!  Gotta get the yard cleaned up some more, mowed, and goin’ to have to clean some of the inside of the house, too!  It shouldn’t be too bad, though.

15 days. Let’s do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment