Friday, May 7, 2010

Girls Are Tough--May 6, 2010

Woke up at 9:00 A.M.  I was thrilled to sleep in.  I had a horrendous night of was kind of precious?, though...I think I kept waking up because I was thinking about the girl!!!  I kid you not, everytime I woke up (and it was SEVERAL times), she was on my mind.  I usually sleep straight through the night, but not this time.  I was up every couple of hours.

But I grabbed some breakfast and got ready.  The weather was pretty poor for imaging today, so we weren't in any hurry to get out there.  I still wanted to get my scouting flight out of the way, so I headed over in the morning anyway.  Of course, I saw her, and that's always a GREAT start to a day!  :)  I was taking up one of the other pilots in order to train him in the Aztec.  Basically, for the future, our company is wanting to get more guys trained on the airplane, so that we can fill needs (more airplanes possibly) or gaps when a pilot is gone.  Case and point:  I finally have my second vacation in less than two weeks, and we currently have no available pilot to fill my slot!  So we're trying to get these guys trained so that one can cover for me!

So we went out and did some basic flying over the mountains.  More or less, today was just getting him comfortable with the different set-up of this Aztec.  So I sat left seat while he sat in the right seat.  I did the take-off and landing, but he had the controls the rest of the time.  And let me tell you, sitting idle in a seat while flowing in moderatue turbulence and banking 30 degrees is NOT a comforting feeling!  I felt so helpless...and a bit tense!  It's just not pleasant sitting in the seat and bouncing up and down with nothing to hang onto.  I wish I didn't have to say it, but I grabbed for the yoke a couple of times, not sure if he was being rolled or if he was banking!  I finally just grabbed the exposed frame and hung's all I could do.  But I guess it all ended well.

We had logged 0.9 hours.  We also found out that two of the guys are leaving for Idaho tomorrow.  So we'll be down to three here.  And I was THRILLED to learn that I was staying...I want some new, smoother, lower flying...but I am pretty interested in this girl right now!!!  Awwww, I know.  Sickening, isn't it?!

Speakin' of her, I talked to my new favorite person in life back in the airport!  She's still cute as ever!  Then we guys headed for lunch.  We ate at Which Wich?  It was OK but not great.  This afternoon I took advantage of the stock market mini-crash (it lost nearly 1000 points at one point today) and bought some more stocks.  I'm runnin' out of money, though!  Not fair!!!  I want to buy, buy, buy.  Just about everything got hammered today (including my portfolio!!!).

I talked to Tessa this afternoon, and we said we would get together tonight.  But she wanted to nap first.  I understood.  It's just a repeat of yesterday!  But I was soooooooo excited again!  I like this girl!  Well, I let her have a couple of hours of nap-time...but I never heard from her.  So I selfishly called at 6:30 and told her to get up.  Of course, I just got her voice-mail, but I told her I wanted to see her!!!  Nothin'.  So I anxiously waited for the next 20 minutes.  Then 30 minutes.

Then hour.  I couldn't take it.  I grabbed the car to go out to eat...but I didn't WANT to eat without her!!!  I literally walked out and walked right back in.  I decided I would take a crew car from the airport and surprise her at her house.  That way we could save time AND get more time together tonight!  Well, I found her house (wasn't sure how hard that was going to be since I didn't pay much attention last night!), and I walked up and rang the door bell.  Nothin'.  I did it again.  Nothin'.  I tried the back door.  Nothin'.  So as to not feel like a creep, I left.  I walked down to a restaurant and sadly sat by myself.  Frankly, it just wasn't fun at all.  I watched all of these other people together (definitely a "date restaurant"), and I had to endure it for an hour.  It was painful.  I was...sad.  I honestly didn't know if she was sleeping or if she was hanging out with someone else.  She had mentioned that her roommate wanted to go out tonight, but she said she wanted to see me instead!  I don't was just hard.  I still haven't heard from her, and it's 11:00 P.M., but I've just had to push my way through it.  I can't tell you how many times I've checked the phone to see if I missed it vibrate...but I've pretty much just come to the conclusion that I won't hear from her tonight.  And I don't know why.  IT SUCKS.  It's painful.  I hope she just slept for the past 7 hours, but I have such a hard time believing that.  Here's to hoping.  Or ignorance.

I stayed around her house as long as I could without clinging on to wasted hope (that's what I told myself anyway), so I headed back to the hotel around 8:35.  I didn't have much to do...I was just missing someone I don't even know yet.  How does that even happen?

I'm just tryin' not to think about it.  It's ANOTHER horror story to add to my ever-growing list.  It's hard not to think Someone is against me.  I just don't get it.  It's crazy, but I might as well mention, too, that the girl from LAST week called...haven't heard from her in days.  Well, anyway, she wants to get together tomorrow before she leaves.  Yeah, um, about that.  I'm really not too interested in her...I don't get any respect.  And it looks like I have to work I don't think I'll be seeing her.

<sigh>  What a day.  This is the life I live.  That boggles my mind.  But this is my life.  I'm not so sure I'm a huge fan of it.

I started looking at homes to buy.  In Denver.  And I looked at jobs.  Frankly, I don't have a clue what I would do.  I'm not sure what I'm good at.  Or what I am remotely qualified for.  A pilot job?  Yeah, right...and it gives me THIS life.  I think I'm startin' to count down the days until this job is behind me.  It's just not healthy for my lifestyle.

But what in the world would/could I do?  Just give me a wife.  A house.  A life.  And peace.  I just want peace.

Went to bed at 11:10 P.M.  Alarm is set for 7:30 A.M.  We have four new flight plans that we were given today...just to the southeast of Denver International.  It's over smooth ground, AND the plans are low.  My type of flying.  So with three planes, we should be done with those in about 3 hours.  It will be a welcome relief to the none-flying we've been doing.  But still not enough to make us fly 9 hours in a day.  I am actually looking forward to that.

Come on, new life.  Where you at?

No comments:

Post a Comment