Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Two Years--July 28, 2010

Woke up at 8:05 A.M.  I had some crazy vivid dreams last night!  Tried to stay in bed to remember them, but that is so hard!  Grabbed a bowl of cereal, showered, then took my paperwork out to the FSDO building at the airport.  I arrived at 9:10 in a very locked-up and very quiet building.  A gentleman came out, greeted me, and then took me to a side room to look over my paperwork.

It really wasn't too bad.  Kind of dry.  Very little talking.  But I got what I needed.  I received my temporary certificate!!!  I'm certified to teach people how to fly for another two years.  It's good until I receive my hard copy in the mail.  All in all, a fairly simple process.  Sure beats paying the $50 to have the test company do it.  $50?  Seriously?  C'mon.  I learned that the FAA rep was an old airline pilot.  I asked when he would start making the airlines hire again!  He says he has lived through the thick and thin.  He started when they were hardly hiring at all, and he remembers days when they couldn't find any pilots to fill positions.  Just the ebbs and flows.

sigh.

I headed to Menard's after that to pick up two hooks for my pool table light.  Also checked out the very expensive storage sheds.  yikes.  Dropped by home real quick to pick up water and shoes, and then I headed out to the ranch.  I basically spent the rest of the day there.  I arrived a lil' before 11:00, and my brother and I started on our second hay feeder.  We had a method now, though, and this one actually went a bit easier.  We knew what we were doing.

We broke for lunch around 12:30 and headed to my mom and dad's house down the road to find some food!  ha!  Nothin' like droppin' in when no one is there!  We headed back to the ranch and finished 95% of the feeder.  The only thing left is to install the hardware (we didn't have it) to open and close the door.  It turned out nice.

I left a lil' after 4:00 to meet Mom to pick up a receipt that I needed.  She had found some base cabinets for me, and I needed to go pick them up!  So I headed to that store and picked up my two cabinets.  Pretty good condition.  Should work good.  I also checked out the rest of the store.  It's a nice size (and idea!).  Basically, people donate their unused materials from construction projects OR their used materials taken out from remodel projects.  So if you can think it, it's there.  Everything from kitchen sinks to toilets to cabinets to ceiling fans to paint!  And a truck came in while there.  It's one of those places that you could probably find a decent buy every day.  The inventory just changes that often.  And you never know what is next!

I headed home VERY exhausted.  It had been 108 with the heat index, and I had worked outside for most of the day.  I was just tired...and hungry.  I grabbed left-over pizza for supper and drank more water.  But I had work to do.  My yard was getting away from me, so I went ahead and mowed it.  I also tilled up the garden.  At one point I had three rabbits in my backyard with me.  I would call 'em cute, but they eat my tomatoes!!!  They are anything but cute!

Went for a short walk, took a shower, then tried to relax for a bit.  Ended up going over to Jobu's at 9:10 to hang out for a bit.  Came back home VERY tired at 10:30.  But didn't get to bed until 12:30.  Not sure what tomorrow brings.  I may be eating with my grandparents, or I may not!  Not sure!  But I'm hopin' to have much of the day to myself, so that I can continue tackling my Man Cave!!!  I really want it to be done...soon!!!

So tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment