Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Birthday!!!--July 27, 2010

Woke up at 8:30.  Not goin' to happen.  Hit the snooze button.  Went off at only 8:35.  GRR!!!  Not goin' to happen, either!  Shut the alarm off and went back to bed.  Woke up on my own at 9:10 feeling MUCH better.  Amazing what a lil' bit of sleep can do.

Ate cereal, took a shower, then called my brother.  I was supposed to help him put together another horse feeder today, although I really wasn't feelin' like it!  After all, it was my birthday!!!  Who works on their birthday?!  Well, I do, but still!  I just had no desire really to help out there.  I wanted to finish my projects at home!!!  He said that was fine and that he would come out and help.  So I went and returned three of the four bags (I had already dumped one) of rock I had bought a week and a half ago.  And I asked for a half-ton instead!!!  It's a MUCH better deal anyway.  The guy told me that a half-ton is about 20 bags.  It was $19.  I had purchased 4 bags for $17.  Hmm...yeah, give me the half-ton.

I drove it back home with my tailgate nearly dragging the ground!  Wasn't sure if I would make it back or not!  But I made it, and I started shoveling the rock out.  Jobu showed up about 10 minutes into it, and he helped me spread the rock as I shoveled it.  Sure enough, I needed every last bit of what I had purchased.  But it was about the perfect amount.  And my front landscaping project that I started over a month ago is about 95% complete now!  All I need to do is just plant the final plant.  EASY!!!  It looks so much better, too.  Amazing what the finishing touches do to a look.  I trimmed off the excess plastic weed barrier, and I am just thrilled with the results.  It sure looks a ton better than it did a month ago.  And I am ready to mark that project off of my list.  Let it stay there for 15 years!

We then tackled my fridge I had picked up on Sunday.  We "simply" reversed the doors on the front.  It actually took awhile!!!  There were so many pieces to switch around!  But we finally got it (30-45 minutes?), and it works fine.  It took some tweaking at the end, but it works as it should now.  Good!!!

We ended up going out to eat at Centrum Cafe a little after 1:00.  We were both very hungry!  Rained for a bit while we were out, and I had the windows of my truck down!  Oh well!  Not much I could do!

We came back, and I hopped down in the crawlspace to check out my cable situation.  I am wanting to run cable to my garage.  Kirk was crazy tired, though, so he kind of pooped out on me!  Ended up falling asleep on my couch!  But I was able to get a ton of the old cable from the satellite dish pulled out of the crawlspace, and I was able to run some to my garage.  I switched from a two-end splice to a three-end splice.  Easy enough.  And I had a spare one on hand.  I like free!  So I'll throw some a splice and some ends on the cable in the garage, and I should have cable to two TV's in the Man Cave.  Shouldn't be too hard.

Went for a short walk, then took a shower.  I was meeting my family at 6:30 to celebrate my birthday.  We went out to a Vietnamese restaurant...pretty good though I had one spicy plate!  I went with the curry plate!  Woo wee!  From there, we headed over to Casey and Erica's to pick up the pool table!  Woo hoo!  Another HUGE project that I am glad to get to.  It was a bit of work to get that thing out of there, but we muscled it out.  Dad, Casey, and me.  I drove the big piece over there just straddling the sides of my truck!  Literally!  Never got above 20 MPH.  Casey was in the back making sure it didn't slide off!  ha!  Finally got everything there and in place around 9:30.  Drove Casey back home, then took Dad home.

I needed to go out to their house anyway to print off some papers for the FAA tomorrow.  Grabbed the 8710 Form and my proof that I took the required flight instructor renewal course.  Will meet with him tomorrow morning at 9:00.  Also grabbed some garage sale stuff from Mom and dropped it off at Boogs'.  And I brought so much of my Cubs gear over from the 1990's!  Can't wait to put it all up in the Man Cave.  One of my gifts for my birthday was a Cubs flag...I tried it out, and it looks great in the Cave.  Pretty excited.  It's starting to pull together!

All in all, a decent birthday. my old age it's just another day!  Outside of eating out with the fam, it was just business as usual.  I guess that's not a terrible thing.  But it came and has almost went.  It's 11:25 now.

Goin' to fill out the 8710, then head for bed.  Looking to be in bed at midnight tonight.  Will head to the ranch tomorrow after my meeting to build that feeder.  I reckon it'll take up most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment